cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus black screen with Lenovo AIO Y910 running GTX 1080

assassinoo
Honored Guest
Hello,
I have just received my new Lenovo AIO Y910 along with oculus rift which I bought through AMAZON. Setup was easy until I reached a point where the setup asks me to continue the setup on the headset. Black screen, nothing is there, audio is on and working. One time for like 4 seconds I actually saw the image in headset and right after those 4 seconds passed, went back to black screen!!

I tried everything, updating Nvidia GTX 1080 drivers, windows 10, uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing worked. everything is connected to USB 3 and I even turned off  USB power save through device management. oculus app shows everything is connected to USB 3 and everything is green!!

I am losing my mind here. 

NOTE: the Lenovo AIO Y910 has only HDMI in and out, meaning adaptor wont work since I have no other display ports.

I am in serious need for some help 
12 REPLIES 12

assassinoo
Honored Guest
guys, seriously I have no one else but you to help me... Please tell me there is a solution

I reinstalled windows, reinstalled oculus app and it worked for 3 seconds again then black screen!!

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I wonder if it is like some laptops, where that external HDMI port is not connected to the Nvidia GPU? Looking at the product page, it says that you can press the red "Y" button on the back to swap out your GPU. If you open that up, is it a typical desktop-style GPU? If so, what is plugged into the rear panel?

It could have some sort of HDMI splitter that connects to both the built-in screen and the external HDMI out port... That might be the problem--the Rift might not like that, since it needs the monitor to be connected on a different port so the HDMI can be dedicated to the Rift signal. On the other hand, if you're getting to the "Continue in headset" part of the setup, then I assume that it detected the HDMI as okay already?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

nalex66
MVP
MVP
It could also be something simple like making sure you're not running any programs with graphics overlays, like FRAPS or Afterburner.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
If you could test the set on another PC.  And rule out the Headset.  Or try using the HDMI out and connect it to a TV to rule the port as being bas as well. 
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

KontrolAkka
Honored Guest
Hi, did you managed to solve the issue?
Anybody with the same Y910 and same issue? I'm not being able to make it work on mine.

Thanks!

KontrolAkka
Honored Guest
I managed to solve the issue.

What you have to do is open the back panel and connect the HDMI directly to the graphics cards. It seems that the cable extension provided is not up to what Oculus needs.

frankjerome
Honored Guest

I managed to solve the issue.

What you have to do is open the back panel and connect the HDMI directly to the graphics cards. It seems that the cable extension provided is not up to what Oculus needs.

I have the same problem. How do you connect the Oculus to the graphics card directly?
Did you get an extension?

ThatTechGuy
Protege
if you have all the sensors plugged into USB 3.0 then it might be to much information going through the USB bus. try plugging all the sensors into USB 2.0 and the headset into USB 3.0. if you do not have USB 2.0 ports the only way to make a USB 3.0 port work as USB 2.0 is to used a USB 2.0 extrender as an intermediary.
(EDIT)extensions with the HMD  does not seem to work for everyone. it is hit or miss. plug directly into the HDMI port on your Graphics card. no converter. also some computers are coming built with a HDMI port in the front of the case that is ment for VR. try not using that port if you have it.
AMD Ryzen 1800X | GYGABYTE GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GFX | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA GTX980 FTW |120GB SanDisk SSD | Seagate 2TB HDD | EVGA 850 GQ Power supply | Fractal Design Define S

OXSIONSOFT
Honored Guest
Identical problem!  AIO Y910 27 + Oculus Rift cv1. No image in the helmet. Sometimes for a split second appears and disappears. Sound is present. Did someone solve this problem? I made a request to Lenovo, with this problem. But has not received any comments yet.