cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus controller drift severely bad

Jeremy12585
Level 2

So I had the oculus quest 2 for two years now. I first got it on Christmas of 2020 I believe. Well I played it for a very short time and started getting a drift with my controllers, and now it's got so bad I can't even use my oculus. I bought a second oculus just so I could play again and the same thing happened. I know I can buy replacement peices for the controller but I don't want to have to do that. I want my system I paid so much money for to work. I take care of my stuff and somehow this happens in such a short amount of time. Then to get a new controller you have to pay an astronomical amount. I bought two meta quest headsets so far and I've had the same situation happens. These controllers are awful and I feel like giving up with this system. How do you suggest I got about this controller issue that apparently many people are having within a few weeks of playing with the meta quest 2.

I just want to play and can't anymore!

Thanks for your time,

-Jeremy A. Hamer

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi-ya! We know controller drift is a discouraging thing to have, so lets work together and get your drifting complications straightened out! If you have not tried to clean your controllers, please go here for the proper instructions.

For some troubleshooting steps, go ahead and remove the batteries for at least 30 seconds before attempting to use them again. On your Standalone Headsets: Increase the dead zones of the controller until the drift is no longer an issue/noticeable.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to Hands and Controllers Settings
  3. Select Controllers in the left menu
  4. Next to Thumbstick range and dead zone, select the joystick which is having issue
  5. Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks dead zones
  • When powering on your controllers, ensure that the Analog sticks aren't being held in any direction and are at rest in the neutral position.

Let us know how that goes!

I have tried this I bought a whole new console and the same thing happened to that one. Someone told me that these controllers are prone to go out after extensive use. So hopefully they fix that issue in the future. I just sent in both pairs of controllers and I'm waiting for meta to replace them. Hopefully all goes smooth

Thanks for the update Jeremy12585! We do understand that this is problem that some other people get. Thankfully you were able to get in contact with our support team, to get some replacement controllers for you. It usually takes us a total of 8-12 business days for us to receive your controllers and send you your replacement controllers.

We do appreciate you being so understanding and patient with us! If you are having any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back out!