cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus drift

RedMidnight1.1
Level 2

So I have stick drift on my left controller I did a terrible move and put hand sanitizer in the little rotation stick thing (I forgot what it is called) anyway that messed up my y button and I still have stick drift so someone please help me out

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Howdy there RedMidnight1.1! We understand how important it is for you to get back to enjoying the worlds of VR! We see that you've been having some issues with your controller. Could you provide me with a few more details so that we get to the bottom of this and resolving your issue:

• When does this issue occur? Does it happen only in certain games? Does it happen in the Home environment or in menus?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you already tried?
  • Can you see any lights on your controller(s) that are on (blinking or solid)?
  • Are any of the buttons or the joystick physically stuck or not springing back to their "neutral" position when not being pressed?

Below are some troubleshooting steps you can attempt:

• Remove the batteries for at least 30 seconds before attempting to use them again.
  • On Headsets: Increase the dead zones of the controller until the drift is no longer an issue/noticeable.
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Go to Hands and Controllers Settings
    3. Select Controllers in the left menu
    4. Next to Thumbstick range and dead zone, select the joystick which is having issue
    5. Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks deadzones
  • When powering on your controllers, ensure that the Analog sticks aren't being held in any direction and are at rest in the neutral position

Let us know if this was able to help. Looking forward to hearing from you!