cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus is blocked by an outdated videocard it's not connected to

Sneaky4oe
Honored Guest

So, I need to hook up a 4-th monitor and to have it connected while Oculus is running. I stream and have a lot of info on all monitors. In the past, I was using a more recent Radeon RX 460, but with my streaming server rebuild, I had to unpack an oldie Radeon HD 7750 that I connected my last monitor to. But apparently, Oculus doesn't like when you have old hardware in your system, and requires a driver update to 17.11.2, while this card is supported only in versions til 15.xx.x.

While this video card is connected to my motherboard, even if there's no display hooked to it, Oculus is recognized as one of the monitors and shows my desktop parts - for left and right halves to left and right eye respectively. Is there a way to bypass this bug without investing in a new video card? I'm low on a budget for the upcoming 2 months.

Meanwhile, oculus software shows that HDMI is not connected, while I clearly see video inside oculus.

Win10.

So the question is - is there any way to bypass this check and enable rift to work with that main videocard that is clearly supported (RTX 2080)? 

2 REPLIES 2

LZoltowski
Champion
As far as I know, this is not possible, unfortunately, the software is not smart enough to know that one of the cards is not going to be used with the Rift. At least right now. I would get in touch with support and make sure they know of this limitation.

https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Sneaky4oe
Honored Guest
Has sent it. Will update threads with results if I get any.
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?