cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus link choppy on windows 11 insider build

McScreamy
Protege

oculus link is really choppy and laggy on windows 11, no one has the issue but me it seems, any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

McScreamy
Protege

ignore the solved part, still broken

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

DC-Wolf
Protege

what do expect when using a NOT supported OS.
As long Oculus Tools are not released as Win11 compatible, you'll have to live with such flaws.

aminopur
Honored Guest

Yep. Beat Saber is a slide show.

McScreamy
Protege

ignore the solved part, still broken

emrazyx
Honored Guest

having the same issue, ive been trying to figure out why its happening but the only idea i got is it has something do with vram being used wrong but im not even 50% sure if thats the case yet

Viscerous
Protege

Yeah as far as I know this is the case for everyone on Windows 11, the Oculus compositor seems to always miss a few frames on Win11 so it'll need to be patched by Oculus. Virtual Desktop supposedly works fine.

strangely virtual desktop is even more choppy/stuttery for me, its like my pc cant run vr at all

youkneekin
Explorer

Bumping due to this still existing on a public release of Windows 11 (10.0.22000.282), the VR Compositor seems to miss a lot of frames. Unfortunately there seem to be no workarounds or fixes, FB Technologies has had time to iron out these issues during the initial insider program period (for 22000 builds in the dev channel), but I hope they can get around to this soon.

--Marsygote, not an employee, only an enthusiast

papuSpartan
Protege

I am having the same exact issue, but yes I'm aware of the fact that it is because windows 11 is not supported. So the real question is, when is windows 11 going to be supported???

That’s a question I’ve also been asking. I hope something gets done soon.

--Marsygote, not an employee, only an enthusiast