cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus link repeatedly crashes but it used to work fine

NubInVR
Honored Guest

I have everything imaginable done to try to get it to work again. Different port with correct power supply, USB 3.0, factory resets on both devices, completely uninstalling oculus (yes even the ones tucked away in the hard drive), repairing the software and updating my drivers. The worst thing about all this is oculus link used to work perfectly fine. For some reason that could contribute to the problem, I cant turn off anti aliasing or multi panel rendering (which is known to cause slowdowns). I am on a laptop but again, it used to work perfectly with no problems whatsoever.  Here are my specs for my laptop (It might be a bit slow for VR but it worked perfectly with lower graphics settings): CPU 11th gen intel core i7-11800H running @ 2.30Ghz. Current GPU card being used is a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti laptop GPU. If anyone can turn my laptop back into the VR gaming station it once was, I would be very grateful.

4 REPLIES 4

NubInVR
Honored Guest

Not sure if this could be a problem but it says I'm using USB 2.0 but I have 3.0 ports. The cable I got was pretty cheap too around $10.00

Hey there NubInVR! We see you are having some issues with Oculus Link. We know how frustrating that is and we want to help. You can check your PC's compatibility here. You also mentioned that it was working before and it sounds like you have done quite a bit on your end. So let's get you over to support, the link is here. When you submit your ticket, we ask you include your logs. Instructions on how to gather them are here in case you need. 

We look forward to finding a resolution with you! See you on the other side. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ykJacks
Honored Guest

same problem. Any luck with the fix? 

Hey guys!

We see y'all are having some trouble involving the link system crashing on you guys. Sometimes the error for these kinds of things can pertain to internal error. These errors do take some very specialized tools to read. Specialized tools that we regrettably don't possess here in Social Support as of yet. However, not to worry, fore our most awesome best friends over at our main support channel most certainly do have those tools. Let's get y'all squared away and ready for the trip over there! For this, we'll start by gathering your log files.

Here are the steps to gather your logs:

1.Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
2.Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
       *The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
3.Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
4.Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
5.Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
6.The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
7.Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

Once you guys have those log files, let's get you in touch with those previously mentioned awesome support friends! You can get in touch with them, simply by clicking the link here: https://metaque.st/Support. Rest assured, you will be very well taken care of guys!

We'll see you on the other side!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!