Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus login fail

Kruis
Honored Guest

Hi,

i bought a new one Samsung Gear VR. 

The device works fine, the problem is that I can't log in to my Oculus account in the Oculus app..

I have a Oculus account, created on Meta because it was not possible to do it from the Oculus app (network connection error).

The Oculus account works fine (i am logedd in with that, now), but when I try to use it to login on my smartphone app, it always says "no network connection".

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can access the Oculus app and be able to use the Gear VR?

5 REPLIES 5

kop33
Honored Guest

Hi,

I have the same problem, and I had my Gear VR operating for several years. It is a problem with the new account system that Meta/Facebook has introduced to replace the old Oculus account system.
I was using the Gear VR with an Oculus-only account (no Facebook). Despite having migrated my Oculus account to the new Meta system or having updated the Oculus app by uninstalling it first, it still fails to log in.
I'm waiting for a response from Oculus support...
First of all, DO NOT update Android beyond 11 or you will run out of Oculus system.

Hi there, @kop33! We see that you are having trouble with your Gear VR registering with the Oculus App. We also see that you sent us a message regarding this issue. Not to worry! We will reach out to you through PM as soon as possible so we can look into this with you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have the same problem. I sent private message to you. help me please !

Hey there, @Linhln86! Thank you for your reply and sending a message via private message. Kindly note that we have received your message and we have gone ahead and replied back. We will continue our correspondence this way. We hope this was helpful!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

SerSmokealot
Explorer

I'm have the still issue as well from what I can read from past post of this issue is to ask for help here and wait for a message about PM you or just copy and paste the original post in a PM to you.