cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus microphone not working. USB reset not fixing it.

Krigol
Explorer
So yeah. Basically microphone is not working. Tried resetting the cables on both ends. Using another USB port. Allowing access. I even connected my headphones to the jack on the glasses and I could hear the audio but mic was not working again. 
3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe try making sure your windows system/sound/sound control panel settings are corect. Try setting your Rift as the default communications.  Also, you can select the recording tab and make your rift mic the default.  Hope this helps.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Krigol
Explorer
After trying just about everything. Making sure the mic is not muted. Taking apart the device. Reinstalling the software. Checking permissions. Updating windows and drivers. I finally saw a button "Troubleshoot Microphone". Troubleshooting never worked for me for anything, but what did I got to lose? Clicked it and received: "Microphone muted. Fixed :white_heavy_check_mark:"

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Good to hear hear. Thanks for letting us all know.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers