cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus not charging

kjbiggs
Honored Guest

My Oculus quest2 is practically new. I’ve used it maybe 4 or 5 times. I’ve probably only used it 6 hours total since I got it 2 months ago. My Oculus will not charge. I’m using the original charger. I’ve plugged it in all over my house. Nothing works. It will not come on and reboot. I have kept it in a carry case and have not dropped it or spilled anything near it. Is anyone having this issue? Please advise me .

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Greetings! Allow us to assist you with this, and we understand how this can be heavily hindering your Meta experience. Below we'll input some steps we'd like you to attempt, and please in case you're still having issues after following the below-listed steps. Please reach out to us via our support site( https://metaque.st/Support) , and from there, an agent will work with you directly on resolving this issue.

1. Attempt to charge the headset for 2 hours. 
  2. Try a different cable/charger if possible.
  3. If you're using a facial interface accessory. If so please attempt to charge the headset again without out the facial interface accessory. Some facial interfaces may black the proximity sensor which can impact the power of the headset. 
  4. Try charging from a different source ( another PC or a different wall outlet ) 
  5. Attempt to see if you can see the boot screen. 
    1. Hold the power button and volume ( - ) button on the headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads
    2. Exit and reboot the headset
    3. Reboot the headset if possible 
    4. Factory reset.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?