cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus quest 2 Weird casting situation

CHRISOWSLEY
Honored Guest

So I have an older Quest 2 I bought it after it's initial release (Facebook era device).

So my issue might be unique as I have looked everywhere on Google and YouTube and haven't seen anyone with the issue I'm having. 

After multiple factory resets my headset goes straight to a black screen after powering up and briefly seeing the blue oculus symbol rotating around a few times. 

Finally after hours of messing around I am able to get out of the black screen, but here's the thing.

I can only get the headset working while I am currently casting from the headset to my cellphone using the same wifi network.

As soon as I turn casting off the screen on my headset reverts back to the black screen.

So in short I can only get the headset working while casting! No casting no headset?! What is going on here ? Can anyone please help me out here? If anyone has any experience or expertise with this issue I would be immensely grateful. Thank you in advance for any kind soul willing to help an very inexperienced troubleshooter.

2 REPLIES 2

HackEbony
Honored Guest

if multiple resets was done, my suggestion to you is to contact Oculus and ask for a replacement.  A reset is like wiping a hard drive clean.  it should have resolved all the issues you was having!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @CHRISOWSLEY! Thanks for reaching out to us about the black screen you're experiencing on your Quest 2 and letting us know what steps you've already taken! We're more than happy to lend you a hand, but first we kindly ask that you answer the following questions so that we can develop a better understanding of why your Quest 2 may be displaying the black screen.

• When did you first notice this issue with your Quest 2?
  • Have you made any changes to your Quest 2's settings recently, such as updating them or connecting any third-party accessories?
  • In addition to resetting the factory, what other troubleshooting steps have you taken to fix the issue?
  • Has your Quest 2 recently been impacted by any damage?

Additionally, we ask that you please remove any unsupported third-party accessories that may affect boot (such as external battery packs, accessories that plug into the USB-C port, etc.) and then perform another factory reset. While a factory reset is likely to solve the issue, it will wipe all data off the device. Some data can be restored with the help of cloud backups, which you should ensure are enabled. To find out what data will be restored, visit the Cloud Backup page on your profile.

We're looking forward to hearing back from you so that we can work together on resolving this issue!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?