cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus quest 2 cable connection issue

NastiaSimakov
Honored Guest

Hello, regarding the Oculus quest 2 and cable connection to the app.
I am trying to connect the quest 2 via the official usb c to usb c cable to my pc which has a usb c port.
I press on add headset in the app and select cable, then the app gets stuck (see attached screenshot) and the headset shows searching pc's and does not show my pc.

I tried flipping the cable around, updating GPU drivers, restarting both pc and headset, logging out and in from the app.
But nothing changes.

Airlink does work but is slow and I prefer cable.
Any advice is appreciated, Thank you.test.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We can't wait for you to jump into some great PCVR gaming! We'll be honored to help with this Link issue and get you going.

We can offer a few steps to try, let us know how it goes.

Let's try and ensure our Link connection is secure:

1. Open the Oculus app on your PC.
  2. Turn on your Quest 2 or Quest.
  3. Plug your USB 3 cable into a USB 3.0 port on your PC, and then plug the other end into your headset.
  4. A message displays in VR prompting you to Allow access to data. Select Deny. If you mistakenly 'Allow' the prompt, you must unplug your USB cable from the Quest and plug it back in.
  5. When prompted to Enable Oculus Link, select Enable to begin remote rendering using Oculus Link.
  6. Ensure Air Link is disabled in Settings on the headset. 

Try to repair the Oculus PC app:

1. Go to www.oculus.com/setup and click Download Oculus Rift software.
  2. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
    • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.
    • If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
    • Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.
  3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  4. Launch the Oculus app.

Keep us posted on any updates on this issue and we can offer further help if needed 👌🏻.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

Hello,
I've managed to isolate that the usb C port in my PC was faulty, bought a usb C to usb A adapter and that solved the problem.
Thank you very much for the quick answer and great support.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We can't wait for you to jump into some great PCVR gaming! We'll be honored to help with this Link issue and get you going.

We can offer a few steps to try, let us know how it goes.

Let's try and ensure our Link connection is secure:

1. Open the Oculus app on your PC.
  2. Turn on your Quest 2 or Quest.
  3. Plug your USB 3 cable into a USB 3.0 port on your PC, and then plug the other end into your headset.
  4. A message displays in VR prompting you to Allow access to data. Select Deny. If you mistakenly 'Allow' the prompt, you must unplug your USB cable from the Quest and plug it back in.
  5. When prompted to Enable Oculus Link, select Enable to begin remote rendering using Oculus Link.
  6. Ensure Air Link is disabled in Settings on the headset. 

Try to repair the Oculus PC app:

1. Go to www.oculus.com/setup and click Download Oculus Rift software.
  2. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
    • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.
    • If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
    • Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.
  3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  4. Launch the Oculus app.

Keep us posted on any updates on this issue and we can offer further help if needed 👌🏻.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello,
I've managed to isolate that the usb C port in my PC was faulty, bought a usb C to usb A adapter and that solved the problem.
Thank you very much for the quick answer and great support.

Oh good! We're happy to hear we could help you find what wasn't working right, and help you reach a fix to get Link working right. You know where to find us if you need any more help with anything!

I got same question like that. I bought a fiber optic link type-c cable similar to oculus link, and I'm 100% sure that the thunderbolt 3 port and full-featured type-c port on my pc are working, but when I linked quest2 by this c to c  cable, is not recognized on my PC, and the device manager shows it as an unknown device. But after I installed a type-c to type-A adapter, the connection returned to normal.

Hey there DavidToshi! We understand how troublesome connecting your device to your PC can be. Not to worry we can help guide you down the right path to get this issue fixed. To better assist you, could you provide us some additional information: 

• How long have you been experiencing the issue?
  • Could you please reseat the cable and inspect it for any kinks, sharp bends, damage, or bent pins?
  • Are you using any 3rd party cables or accessories?
  •  does this only happen in a specific app? 
  • Do you meet the minimum system requirements? (Listed down below)
  • Are your drivers up to date? 
  • Are you running the app from the admin account?
  • Have you attempted troubleshooting steps on your own? If so, can you describe what you did? 

Please make sure you have these basic system requirements 

• Your quest device must be running the latest firmware 
  • They must have a Dual channel router running a secure network 
  • PC is compatible with the Oculus Link and have Oculus Home up to date. 
  • If you are using a 3rd party cable, please make sure it's a USB 3.0

Once you have provided this information we can go ahead and help you further. Let us know if you have any question. We would be happy to help! 

Hi there

Thank you very much for responding so fast.

I just brought my quest2 so this happened on my first try connecting to my PC.

My cable is brand new Kaiboer optical fibre c to c cable with 5 meters length, 10Gbps speed, and it pointed out that this cable is dedicated to VR streaming. So I think it is very similar to your link cable.

When I try to link my device to the all-feature type-c port or thunderbolt 3 port on my PC, the connection message  keeps appearing and disappearing all the time. When it is stable, quest 2 shows charging and the device manager on my PC shows unknown device. However when I found a usb3.1 A to C adapter attached to it, it worked, shows all normal on Windows Oculus App, speed test can run up to 2.5Gbps.

I'm sure that both type-c port on my device is working without malfunction cause I use them to connect my portable SSD drive.

My PC has Intel i7 6700K CPU, GTX1070 Graphic Card and 16GB ddr4 Memory, so I think it's quite enough for the requirement needed.

This is what happened to me. I assume that it may be related to the power supply of type-c port or the compatibility of system software. Nevertheless, I think I can still enjoy quest 2 by adapter.

Please let me know if you need further information

Hey @DavidToshi! Thank you for providing that information for us. We see that you have the basic requirements. If you would like us to look further into this, please collect your logs and send them over to us via our live chat or through email. We would be happy to further assist you with this issue. 

To collect your logs: 

1. Please connect your Oculus device to your computer
  2. Find your Oculus installation directory (Generally this will be located at 'C:\Program Files\Oculus')
  3. Navigate to Support and then oculus-diagnostics
  4. Double-click OculusLogGatherer and wait for an executable to appear
  5. Select Get All Logs
  6. This will create a .zip file on your desktop. Please attach that zip file to your reply

Let us know if you have any question. We'll be here to help! 

Thank you very much, I'll have a look on weekednd

We wish you luck on this @DavidToshi! Our amazing team at Meta Store Support will take care of you!