cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus quest 2 not charging passed 52%

UltronBlack26
Honored Guest

my oculus quest 2 just recently stopped charging. it wont go passed 52%. I tried different chargers, restarting, going form 0% and see how far it goes again, everything, nothing changes. I got my oculus on release date.

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, UltronBlack26. We see you're having charging issues and recognize how critical the other half of the power you're missing is to you. Let's get you caught up so you can get back into the world of VR. We were wondering when your say you restarted the device was it a Reboot or Factory Reset? If it wasn't a Factory Reset we will go ahead and provide steps for that right below!

However, we want to make sure your Cloud Backup is on and you can check that by clicking here that way your data (if any) is saved! Once the Cloud Backup is on we go ahead and perform the Factory Reset.

To perform a Factory Reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

You can also click here to see these steps! If this problem persist we suggest you put in a support ticket here so one of our agents can get a better look at this for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

UltronBlack26
Honored Guest

i did all these steps and it didnt work and also the cloud backup seem to not work i lost all the apps that i paid for from the factory reset that. i would like to still fix the battery issue but also now all the apps i paid for

• Beatsaber game
-imagine dragon music pack
-Linkin park music pack
  • Gravity Sketch
  • Virtual Desktop

This is a common issue. There are posts here https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Get-Help/Quest-2-not-charging-pass-55/td-p/892387 and other places about it. Support is not useful because they refuse to acknowledge this problem.

You likely have a failing battery but support won't tell us the truth if this is a firmware bug or a safety problem. Those that replaced the battery report that the issue resolved itself so I suspect the battery is end of life and swelling. You have a few options:

1. Risk a fire or explosion and charge in debug mode by powering down your Quest, turning it on holding the volume and power button and release them as soon as the Meta logo appears. It will charge that way.

2. It's not trivial but replacing the internal battery yourself. You'll have to buy one on eBay as they're not officially sold.

3. Try to get an RMA. I sent mine in but I don't know yet how long it will take to get my replacement. In the meanwhile I'm out of my Quest 2 as they apparently don't send a replacement before you ship yours. I've had others do that for me so that's a let down.

Seriously Oculus Support you need to get real answers on this issue. How is a factory reset going to help? Is this a safety issue? This is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen in my opinion.

Hey UltronBlack26, the battery life should be much better on your device. We'd be just as disappointed if our headsets acted the same. Luckily, your games are not missing, they just need to be downloaded from your list of purchases again. If you have exhausted all troubleshooting options and would like to check your eligibility for warranty replacement services, please reach out to our chat support team so they can help you resolve this! You can contact them by clicking on this link.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Agreed! No one has even asked me to send mine in. Pretty much sounds like I was given up on.

Hey ultronblack, you will need to reach out to our chat support team and speak with them in order to see if you are eligible for warranty services. Let us know if you have trouble getting this started.