cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus side effect: Insomnia. Anyone else?

Maestronomic
Protege
Is this a rift specific side effect?
If I play the rift for 2-3 hours (any time of the day) falling asleep during night hours becomes nearly impossible. Last week I did not fall asleep until 3:30 am (more than 4 hours of tossing and turning). The sleep disturbances happen with any application be it robo recall, dead and buried or alien isolation.

I have a playstation vr as well and have not experienced any sleep disturbances while playing long sessions of resident evil 7.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The_1st_Dark_Lord_Morgoth
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION - MARKING FOR VISABILITY

Hey there, guys! It looks like this is a pretty old thread with not a lot of activity, so I'm going to go ahead and lock it. If anyone is having any sort of health reaction from using the headsets, please stop using the them and reach out to the support teams so they can take care of you.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are many days I will play for 3-4 hours, can't say it has bothered my sleep habits at all.
If you are fairly new to using it, maybe it is just the excitement?

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
I already have insomnia so cant really chime in.
Honestly my math course is causeing more issues then anything because my mind wont shut down.
WAAAGH!

falken76
Expert Consultant
I never got any type of insomnia from my Rift.  I've had mine for over a year now.

Maestronomic
Protege
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I guess the excitement is the most probable explanation for my problem. Being chased and hunted by a xenomorph is a bit stressful so to speak.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I guess the excitement is the most probable explanation for my problem. Being chased and hunted by a xenomorph is a bit stressful so to speak.

Teachs you to control your bladder thats for sure!
WAAAGH!

Is this a rift specific side effect?
If I play the rift for 2-3 hours (any time of the day) falling asleep during night hours becomes nearly impossible. Last week I did not fall asleep until 3:30 am (more than 4 hours of tossing and turning). The sleep disturbances happen with any application be it robo recall, dead and buried or alien isolation.

I have a playstation vr as well and have not experienced any sleep disturbances while playing long sessions of resident evil 7.

Too much excitement.  It must be.

Of course, you won't get that from PSVR.

Used to happen to me on Christmas Eve.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

74Loki
Protege
It's the super secret government brainwave alteration that causes it. Pretty soon you'll have a compulsion to buy A Catcher In The Rye, lock your food in canisters and start to have an obsession with Jodie Foster. Wearing a tin foil hat while playing VR can help reduce these effects.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
I follow the Brains suggestion from Gremlins 2.
I invest on canned goods amd shotguns!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qsMc-IswG3w

WAAAGH!

flexy123
Superstar
No I don't have insomnia from the Rift...but it IS possible that you're one of those who is sensitive to "blue light" from VR or from monitors messing your sleep up. In such a case you could try whether taking melatonin could help you. Melatonin should be OTC, it's a supplement and safe to use.
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?