cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus software just stops downloading??

starboardgaming
Honored Guest

I've tried almost everything, restarting my PC, disconnecting from wifi, removing the download cache, using a VPN. Every single time I try to download the oculus software, it stops at 1.95 GB/2.12 GB. I got an entirely new PC, because I wanted to use PCVR, and I just can't get the software to do it.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @starboardgaming! We see that the PC desktop application stops downloading once you initiate the installation. PCVR is one one of the coolest features of the device and we want to help you get things working! With this in mind, we have a few helpful tips that you can try. Let us know if you've tried this:

• Reboot the PC
  • Try a different network connection (e.g. mobile hotspot)
  • Make sure the software is whitelisted in anti-virus/firewall
  • Try running the installer as usual, but when it gets stuck, leave the installer open and disable or turn off your Wi-Fi. (If you use an ethernet cable, just unplug it) Wait for 1-2 seconds, and then turn it back on and/or plug it back in) and wait a few minutes, if the installer gets stuck again, wait another minute before repeating these steps again.

Let us know how it goes!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

​Hi @starboardgaming! We are just reaching back out to see if you were able to get the Oculus software to download. If the troubleshooting steps we provided were successful, that's awesome! If you still need assistance, please feel free to reach back out whenever it is convenient for you. We are always here to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!