cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OculusLink Laptop RTX3080LaptopGPU incompatibility

White_Rabbit_VR
Explorer

Hello, I am having consistent spikes of lag when playing PCVR games. I am able to stop the lag for a few moments by dissableing PC Asyncronous Spacewearp, and Adaptive GPU Scaling in the Debug tool. however they always enable themselves automatically after a few moments of playing. 

please help as right now there is no way i can play PCVR on my Zephyrus Duo Laptop as the stutter/lag is too much

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @White_Rabbit_VR. Thank you for reaching out and bringing your lag issues with your laptop to our attention. Having any sort of issue with lag can certainly lead to gaming interruptus and we would like to help you out with this. So we can get to the bottom of this for you, can you tell us the following?

When the lag is most apparent, do you get an error message? If so, can you send us a picture of this?

Are you using the internet while playing at all?

Are you able to play with the laptop plugged into the charger?

Are you playing on the highest performance setting for the laptop?

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @White_Rabbit_VR! Just checking in to see if you are still needing assistance with your lag issues. If so, please do reach back out to us at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello,

Yes the lag is persistent, and i can see the spike in both the steam VR module as well as the Oculus Tray Tool. 

I have isolated it to the two point of interest. Using the debug tool I can disable PC Async spacewarp and adaptive gpu scale and the lag does not happen. but at some point, usually within a minute or two, they start automatically and the lag occurs again. about every second bewteen spikes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! We completely understand that you're encountering some issues connecting to the PC. Please let us know if you are experiencing the same issue with any of our apps, as the Oculus Tray Tool or Steam VR is not Meta software.

the problem is specifically with Meta. I have indicated that while using Quest2 and airlink, or link cable, and playing pcvr there is lag. this does not happen with my Pico Neo3, does not happen with my Valve Index and does not happen with my Reverb G2, only with the Quest2, the mentioned tools were to isolate the problem which is specifically happening between quest2 and likely a GPU diver incompatibility. or better yet, a issue that maybe you could recommend as a possible issue, considering you have a complete overview of issues associated with quest2 and pcvr, as an example, has there been issues with RTX3080 in the past? I have found evidence on these forums that is true, have the solutions also been implemented with nvidea on the laptop versions of this card? please provide some helpful feedback as i have had to switch back to valve index and cannot use quest2 for my content creation, and i would like to as it travels better with my gaming laptop. 

Hey there! Thank you for letting us know that you are experiencing some lag when using the device in developer mode. As much as we'd like to help you with this, we do have a special developer forum that we'd be happy to share with you, which we'll leave below, also we'll shared the steps for you to be able to contact support for developer for further assistance.

To contact Developer Support:

1. Go to the Developer Support Center and click on the "Sign In" link in the upper right corner.
  2. Sign In to your Developer Account.
  3. Then use the Contact Us form to create a Support request.
  4. Once created you can monitor your support request using this link: https://oculusdevelopers.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests

White_Rabbit_VR
Explorer

I have posted in the Developer forums

Hey there, @white_Rabbit13x! It's fantastic to hear from you again. We are certain that you will be provided with the assistance you require in order to prevent the lag that you were experiencing when utilizing the developer mode. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you need any additional assistance; we'd be pleased to assist you!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?