cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OculusSetup.exe "can't connect"

Deshim
Honored Guest

Hello,

I have the following issue: When I open OculusSetup.exe, after "Review Terms and Conditions", "Agree", I have this message:

"Can't connect Looks like we can't reach the Oculus server. Please check your connection."

I tried it on my old laptop that has lower space and quite a weak setup, it worked.

I tried:
- Removing any firewall (I only have Windows Firewall)
- Trying the commands "-nofilesetup3 and "/bypassHotfixCheck"
running as admin
- Making sure that my local nickname doesn't have any special unicode characters
- Using a different connection
- I don't have any antivirus (else than Windows Defender)

My setup is:
Windows 11
RTX 4060
Intel  i5-8300H

Could you please suggest me any fix? Thanks 😊

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Deshim! We understand how this can be annoying to deal with and thus we would love to help you out anyway we can. As well we wanted to thank you for providing us the troubleshooting you have done so far also!

We are also going to give you some more troubleshooting to see if these steps work if you can just follow the instructions below.

1. Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.
  2. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  3. Backup any necessary content. You can find steps on how to do so by clicking here.
  4. Reboot into Safe Mode. You can find steps on how to do so by clicking here.
  5. Uninstall the Oculus PC app using the Control Panel. 
  6. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder: C:\Program Files
  7. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    1. C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    2. C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    3. C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    4. C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    5. C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  8. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  9. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  10. Install the Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website here.
  11. Reconnect the Rift/Link cable and test the headset once more.

We hope these troubleshooting steps helped you if not then please don't hesitate to reach back out to us !

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Knock, knock! We just wanted to swing by to see if any further assistance was needed. If so, do let us know. We're always happy to help! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?