cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older games that worked fine on quest 2 are having issues with quest 3

Goodman314
Explorer

i download and try some older VR games/demos via quest link on PC form sites like Itchio, they worked fine on my quest 2 and they have "oculus" support. 

but when running it on quest 3  one game the analog stick was not getting recognized. 

again the problem is definitely not with the game as trying it back again on the quest 2 it works just fine. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think i figured it out, since launching the game launches steam VR (still not sure why as i set Oculus as the run time) steam maps the old oculus controllers to the new ones, the mapping was working up until quest 2 but something about quest 3 changed, so now you have to PRESS the analogue buttons for it to trigger the keybind. 

again not sure why this is happing maybe due to them removing the halo or whatever but at least the problem has a work around. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

gnuffe
MVP
MVP

That's very odd. I know I don't have any issues with using my Meta Quest 3 for PCVR. Perhaps this is an issue with the Oculus PCVR software. If that's the case, you do actually have a few ways of potentially fixing your issue.

There is a chance that this bug originated from a corrupted file in the app. Say if it's updated and the Wi-Fi or the PC turned off in the middle of the update. This can cause some strange issues like random crashes and random bugs.

In order to fix this issue, we'll have to repair the Oculus software to see if it fixes it. This will basically just check the software files to make sure that it's all there the way it's supposed to be. It should fix your issue if this is a corrupted file.

How to repair the Oculus software (this is the same process for both Windows 10 and 11):

1. Go into your PC's settings.
  2. Click on "Apps."
  3. Once in the apps category, you can attempt to find the Oculus software.
  4. Once you've found it, click on the Oculus app, and you should see two buttons: one called "Change" and one called "Uninstall."
  5. Click on "Change."
  6. You should then see that the Oculus software starts up and brings up this menu.gnuffe_1-1701410151254.png

7. On the Oculus menu that popped up, look for a button called "Repair." You'll find it on the bottom.
  8. Click the repair button and confirm to start repairing the software.
  9. Let it sit and fix itself.

Congratulations. Your issue should be fixed. If not, try to get in contact with @MetaQuestSupport 

Let me know if this fixed your issue! 

kojack
MVP
MVP

Is there a link to one of these apps (preferably free) to test this?

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

i'll try and update you soon. 

it is not free, and it may not be suitable to share here. 

I think i figured it out, since launching the game launches steam VR (still not sure why as i set Oculus as the run time) steam maps the old oculus controllers to the new ones, the mapping was working up until quest 2 but something about quest 3 changed, so now you have to PRESS the analogue buttons for it to trigger the keybind. 

again not sure why this is happing maybe due to them removing the halo or whatever but at least the problem has a work around.