cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One month later - No refund - Support is all bots

EvolKarma
Explorer

Meta support is the worst there is. Returned my meta quest 3 x2 a month ago, and still have not received my money back. Been a constant headache trying to receive help through support, who all sound like bots . I keep getting told to wait 3-5 business days, and nothing gets done. Instead I get ghosted, contact again, and then get told to wait another 3-5 business days. Thus the cycle continues indefinitely. 

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @EvolKarma. It's super important to make sure refunds go through properly, so we'd be more than happy to check on the status of your refund for you. Please send us a private message so we can gather a little more information so that we can take a deeper look for you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

EvolKarma
Explorer

If anyone is curious about the private message I received, long story short, this community manager is literally repeating the same bs about 3-5 days. they havre not read a single part of the issue, has provided zero help, and is saying the same generic bs. 

yimei.xu.677
Honored Guest

The same issue here, I also bought the Meta 3. They lost my parcel in early November. I started arguing with the support centre from mid-November and initiated a dispute with the bank. They've dragged it till now, claiming they refunded me on 6th December. But where's the money? I'm not blind, and neither is my bank. It's clear that the money never landed in my account. I've continued arguing with the bank, and these days I've been preparing to compile the evidence before proceeding to appeal.

yimei.xu.677
Honored Guest

Actually I think you should try to dispute this transaction with the bank before it's too late as well. As long as the existing evidence can prove that the buyer didn't receive the refund, the dispute through the bank can still stand. Especially if you used a credit card, the entire process will be more convenient.

Meta support definitely seems like the type to lie about initiating the refund, just so you close the dispute and get screwed over. I am now convinced they have zero intent on helping customers, and will just keep dragging things along so you're not able to dispute it. 

You're 100% right. Since I have exhausted all possible options, I'll be disputing the transaction with my bank before I run out of time. Thanks for letting me know about your experience and giving me reassurance that Meta "Support" is just support in name only. 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?