Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing Issues with pairing Meta Quest 3

GigaChad88
Honored Guest

Subject: Ongoing Issues with Meta VR Device and Support Experience

Dear Meta Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm writing to share my ongoing struggles with my Meta VR device and the accompanying support experience.

It all started back in February when an update caused my controllers to lose tracking. Concerned, I reached out to Meta support, and they promptly initiated an RMA process for my controllers. However, upon receiving the replacements two weeks later, I encountered a new obstacle—I couldn't pair them with my headset.

I immediately contacted Meta support once again, and after thorough troubleshooting, they determined that the issue likely lay with my headset. Consequently, they arranged for a refurbished headset to be sent to me as a replacement. However, upon receiving it a week later, I faced the same problem—I couldn't pair it with the Meta app.

Determined to find a solution, I exhaustively tried every possible method, from factory resets to trying different smartphones and Wi-Fi networks, but to no avail. Frustrated by the lack of progress, I reached out to Meta support once more. They sent me another RMA'd headset in the hope of resolving the issue. However, to my disappointment, the problem persisted with the new device as well.

Now, after waiting patiently for an update from Meta's support team for 16 days, I have yet to receive any communication. This ongoing ordeal has left me unable to access my favourite VR apps and content, significantly impacting my overall experience.

It's disheartening to note that despite purchasing the device in October, I'm still grappling with persistent issues just months later. I've even suggested to Meta support that they provide me with a new device, considering the apparent difficulties in pairing RMA'd devices, but the response I received was vague, promising to "find a satisfactory solution."

At this point, I can't help but feel neglected and frustrated by the lack of resolution. I hope that by sharing my experience here, Meta will take notice and address the underlying issues with their support process and product reliability. VR technology has immense potential, but experiences like mine highlight the importance of robust customer support and product quality assurance.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message. Your support and understanding are greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @GigaChad88. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We'd love to help get to the bottom of this, but as this would contain your personal information we'd need to take this conversation into private. Could you send us a DM so we can get this back on track?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @GigaChad88. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We'd love to help get to the bottom of this, but as this would contain your personal information we'd need to take this conversation into private. Could you send us a DM so we can get this back on track?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

GigaChad88
Honored Guest

Issue has been resolved thanks for reaching out.  

Excellent News @GigaChad88 Please let us know if you have any other questions or challenges.

Wow we have the exact same storyline. I got mine back I October and as of today I have played once. I have been sent 3 refurbished headsets and 2 refurbished controllers. None of them worked. I have spent hours upon hours upon hours dealing with customer service and their false promises and no solution. All they do is apologize and repeat the same thing. Instead of the term go postal the new phrase should be go meta.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?