cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to sync media to app/phone doesn't show up.

aloganboi
Honored Guest

I can't find the option to sync my media to my phone, manually or automatically. The 3 dots on the recent tab in the files app is grayed out for some reason. Please help.

65 REPLIES 65

As well as the fact that a quick read through the previous posts would explain that we already know what the process is supposed to be, but cannot follow that process due to missing button(s) in the software, this cut&paste reply from Oculus support is especially amusing given that it’s mentioned in the very thread they’re replying to how they have been recently unhelpful with cut&paste answers. Beautiful.

dexy86
Explorer

dude stop bitching i saw your posts and other people had issues with media not showing up on phones so i try to help with that and then you start bitching....

Sorry, I don’t understand, is that directed at me?

ARredhead, thank you for your reply.

I am on iOS, but I am not sure I do understand how to do what you are describing: app info? from where on the phone? I cannot figure out where you do that.

Can you please advise?

PlasticPaul
Protege

@MetaQuestSupport ,

like the other users say above, please at least have a minimum respect for us here and do read what the issues are rather than posting the same, useless, pre-cooked responses. 

This issue has been going on for a long time now for many of us, as you could easily acknowledge by reading around. All of us paid our hard earned cash for this and, frankly, you owe us a reasonable response at least.

And I say all that by understanding that technology comes with issues at times.

Hi Paul, I’m sorry I’m in the same boat as you, I think the gent who suggested clearing app data is on an android based device I’m afraid and so won’t work for iOS users.

Hey PlasticPaul,

We appreciate you reaching out to Oculus Support. We strive to build exciting products that offer unique experiences and the negative one you're having isn't at the bar we hold for Oculus. We're committed to getting this resolved so that you all can have a smooth experience moving forward. We've read up on the article up to this point and understand that you can't follow the process given to you, as there's a button missing from the UI that is essential to problem solving this.

If you can, submit a bug report with any information you have, as well as a support ticket so we can get it documented and investigate this further.

As for clearing the app data on IOS devices, some apps have a cache feature that makes it easy for you to clear it directly in the Settings app, whereas some carriers will have an option in their app.

We truly appreciate the your passion and the feedback is humbling, which drives us to do better.

Warm regards in this chilly season!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Gotcha. Many thanks for your reply!

Wow, another pre-coocked, pointless answer in reply to the very thread that brought us to point out how bad support has been so far. Impressive. 

Drakocxjo
Explorer

Hey peeps, I took the leap and factory reset my headset.

I also entered the public test channel.

Good news is you don't need to factory reset your headset.

Bad news is there is still no solution to fix the problem. Factory reset or not.