cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orientation resets very often

Mrmann50
Honored Guest

Sometimes when I turn on my Meta Quest 3, it will sense me clicking buttons, but it won’t track the controller itself. Whenever I try to play any VR game, I have some fun for a few minutes before it starts to reset orientation as if it is pressing and holding the Meta button on the right controller. After a couple of times of it happening, it then brings me to the password screen. Then it won’t track my controllers, so I have to power down my headset and turn it back on and every time I do, the process becomes faster until I set it down for a little bit and start playing again. It is beginning to be very annoying especially when I am playing with friends. Another issue I would like to address is whenever I try to change my boundary, it will start to let me change it but then it takes me back to my home with my original boundary.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Mrmann50! We definitely would like to do our best to make sure your VR gaming experience is running smoothly, so we wanted to chime in to offer some assistance! So we can get a better idea of this particular situation, let's get some clarification to begin with. Please tell us, when did this issue start? Have you ever been able to set up your headset boundary in the past? Does this issue only happen in a specific app? Does it happen in the home environment? Also, have you tried a different play environment at all? Let us know and we'll be happy to continue from there! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Mrmann50! We definitely would like to do our best to make sure your VR gaming experience is running smoothly, so we wanted to chime in to offer some assistance! So we can get a better idea of this particular situation, let's get some clarification to begin with. Please tell us, when did this issue start? Have you ever been able to set up your headset boundary in the past? Does this issue only happen in a specific app? Does it happen in the home environment? Also, have you tried a different play environment at all? Let us know and we'll be happy to continue from there! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Mrmann50! Touching base to see if you still require some assistance. Just let us know if there is anything we can do, we're here to help!

Thank you but my issue has now started to stop fully and is not an issue anymore.

Hey there! Glad to see that there is no longer an issue with the tracking on the headset. Have a great day and if you should encounter any other issues please do not hesitate to reach out to us again.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?