cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Oculus Store issues, unable to download most past titles:

shogunmn
Heroic Explorer

For the past month I continue to have issues with downloading past titles. I have many great games I would like to play that state "Sorry we can't install ____ Please visit Oculus Support. I have done fresh installs, installed on a separate computer. Reset my network.  Nothing more I can do on my end. I also completed past support tickets submitting logs with no resolution. 

Anyone else going through this? I hope Meta updates the storefront and fixes these issues. Several hundred paid purchases since 2016 and most do not download. The storefront also has an issue where you are unable to download past titles (at least for me). It says get in text but no button to obtain, and no button on the actual page to purchase or download. Thank you. I am wondering if others are experiencing the same. I hate to make additional purchases and have them abandoned in the future with no ability to download. I will have to look towards other platforms if this isn't resolved. 

503 REPLIES 503

bigmike20vt
Visionary

I just had a message that The blu has an update and as i feared, despite being able to salvage my previously installed games by copying a backup over........ its still not a solution. because the blu is installed now but if i try to update it it falls over.

Also oculus support grinding my gears a bit now, after closing my ticket because it was fixed, i reopened and said no it isnt.... i then got another message... please uninstall your oculus software completely and do a clean install.

I have ALREADY DONE THIS 3 times! it takes hrs to sort out and it hasnt worked the last 3 times. I asked if there is anything they have done to make 4th time the charm or if they are just ticking boxes off a spread sheet because i am not doing this AGAIN if there is not even a remote chance of it helping......

i have had a steam account for approaching 20 years now (scary thought) and i have never had to do this... they should be able to do a simple refresh install which checks everything without wiping anything.

i am getting fed up with it now. loads of people having issues but they still seems to be approaching it as really rare and totally new individual problems.. and that is not the case.

I just noticed the message 2 posts above...... that sounds promising and if it works that is great... however if this is the case then the people on the support lines need to be informed to hold off telling users to completely delete their oculus install and start from scratch at least for a few days.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Addikt
Protege

Stucked with the same issues here with games I bought 4 years ago and which I can't install.

I hope everything will be solved tomorrow...

I received better support than you Mike. Here's the answer for my ticket (quite similar to the support post). I wanted to post it yesterday, but most of the internet was down ;

"There is a known issue with installing some older apps. It appears that Lone Echo is one of them.
It is going to persist for the next couple of days while the databases which store these apps are restored.
If you are experiencing app download and install failures, you will need to try again in a few days.
We expect to have it fixed by Wednesday."

Great news but I just spent 2 - 3 hours with a tech support who pulled my PC apart and I told them I'd had enough when they suggested turning my graphics card off? I mean if it's a known issue why did they waste my time?

Yes they do. I was just told to. Then found this grrrr 

KNP54
Heroic Explorer

Try this:

Close oculus.

Go to one of the failed game install folder:

For example C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\oculus-dear-angelica\

Inside the folder you should see the following file:

.\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe

Run it and follow the instructions.

Next go to the task manager, click more details at the bottom, go to the Services tab, right click OVRService and select restart (or simply rebooting is also fine)

Open oculus, go to library/updates and all your old games should now update!

Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, Deepcool Castle EX 360, 32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600MHz, Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, Asus ROG Strix 3080ti, Corsair HX1000, Western Digital SN850 M.2 NVMe 2TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB & 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Ironwolf 10TB, Corsair 4000D Airflow, Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 @ 100Hz, Acer V287K 3840x2160@ 60Hz, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 2 256GB.

Jesuile
Expert Protege

Is this just to restore / update old games or will it help with games that are just not downloading from purchase like lone echo?

KNP54
Heroic Explorer

Once you run the UE4PrereqSetup_64.exe file manually, all the newer downloads also should work I think. It's because any games that uses Unreal Engine 4 needs this prerequisite to be installed and somehow the Oculus software can't run it by itself (probably a permission issue). But once the prereq is installed Oculus don't need to reinstall it for all the games, just once. After my instructions, you should be good until the next windows reinstall!

Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, Deepcool Castle EX 360, 32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600MHz, Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, Asus ROG Strix 3080ti, Corsair HX1000, Western Digital SN850 M.2 NVMe 2TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB & 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Ironwolf 10TB, Corsair 4000D Airflow, Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 @ 100Hz, Acer V287K 3840x2160@ 60Hz, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 2 256GB.

FrontierSupport
Adventurer

Hey CMDR,

We've received similar reports in the past few days. According to Oculus, there was an issue with their database and this should be fully restored by the 15th of December. But if the issue continues, please send them a support ticket via: https://support.oculus.com/?locale=en_GB.

- Ikaros

Jesuile
Expert Protege

Great I'll give it a try later. Might wait to see if oculus figure out an automatic way for the download to complete tomorrow as they said fixed by then.