cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Oculus Store issues, unable to download most past titles:

shogunmn
Heroic Explorer

For the past month I continue to have issues with downloading past titles. I have many great games I would like to play that state "Sorry we can't install ____ Please visit Oculus Support. I have done fresh installs, installed on a separate computer. Reset my network.  Nothing more I can do on my end. I also completed past support tickets submitting logs with no resolution. 

Anyone else going through this? I hope Meta updates the storefront and fixes these issues. Several hundred paid purchases since 2016 and most do not download. The storefront also has an issue where you are unable to download past titles (at least for me). It says get in text but no button to obtain, and no button on the actual page to purchase or download. Thank you. I am wondering if others are experiencing the same. I hate to make additional purchases and have them abandoned in the future with no ability to download. I will have to look towards other platforms if this isn't resolved. 

503 REPLIES 503

Hi

out of curiosity what percentage of users is this affecting?  obviously it isnt individual errors as there are a few of us but at the same time i would be surprised if it is everyone as surely it would have hit other media outlets if no one could install 80% of their pcvr titles.?

i am just wondering if we can figure out a common thread between all of us... gpu, number of harddisks, number of vr headsets (i have a reverb g2 installed as well) etc.  ie could it be failing some sort of validity check because it is seeing my G2 and not my quest 2?

I did have ReVive installed but i have uninstalled it now.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

I still think it's anyone trying to install those titles. I honestly just don't think there are many of us complaining because 1. rift(s) are discontinued so they're not adding to the userbase 2. most of the people who have rift(s) already have those games installed.

I'd be curious if anyone can download any of the titles we've mentioned at this point, my money is on "no". 

no i cant download any of the older titles i purchased. i guess the only way to use them at this point is piracy? they continue to tweet that the issue is resolved lol! i think best thing to do at this point is to spam them in twitter until they do something! we are a lot it should work!

HawkeyeIII
Honored Guest

I also am not able to download "Elite Dangerous", "Lone Echo" and I'm also experiencing audio shutdown while in "Pokerstars" requiring me to shut down oculus and restart everything. All my drivers are correct. It's been over a week with support stating the same story of, "Our experts are addressing the problem" but no solution forth coming. If they're so expert what is taking them so long? I'm becoming impatient waiting and waiting. Is Facebook up to the task they've taken on by taking over Oculus. I don't remember ever having this problem before facebook took over Oculus. 

HawkeyeIII
Honored Guest

I have gone through an amazing amount of frustration with their problem. I did a complete fresh reinstall of windows; wiped my computer clean which was a huge pain. I've eliminated everything on my end. I'm no stranger to building and configuring computers since the 1980s. All in vain as the problem still persist. The hours I've spent trying to eliminate everything I could think of on my end only to find out the problem is them.... Fuming to say the least. 

Same here, still no luck.

Jesuile
Expert Protege

Screenshot_20211216-215626_Chrome.jpgnoted that this issue is a pinned tweet.  Hopefully it will be fixed 

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone! The team identified the issue that is preventing certain apps from being able to complete downloading and they are currently rolling out the fix gradually. This is happening slowly and I don't have a complete ETA for when it'll be deployed, but I'll let you all know when I've gotten the news that it's fully complete. 

For now, if you have a game that's not installing completely, I'd suggest a little patience and trying again later. 

Once again, our apologies for the inconvenience and we hope to get you back to gaming as soon as possible.

PS. I'm going to mark this post as the solution for this thread for visibility, but I'll let you know again when it's fully resolved for all titles.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

xeno3d
Adventurer

I can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet.... the list of games that I am unable to install are as follows... Im sure there are more but I don't want to uninstall anything

Batman Arkham VR

Battlezone

Arizona Sunshine

Dreadhalls

Elevator to the moon

Elite Dangerous

Google Earth

Dead and Buried

Bullet Train

ADR1FT

Abe VR

Killing Floor Incursion

Landfall

Mortal Blitz

NVIDIA VR Funhouse

Pixel Ripped 1989

Project Cars

Raw Data

Rez Infinite

Rick and Morty Virtual Rickality

Robinson The Journey

The Brookhaven experiment

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

TheBlu

The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners

The Walking Dead Onslaught

Thumper

Titans of Space Plus

Until you Fall

Torn

Virtual Virtual Reality

Vacation Simulator

VRChat

Waltz of the Wizard

YUKI

Oblivion Afterlife

Zombieland Headshot Fever

This is great news. Hopefully in time for weekend. Thanks.    I know we don't need to know but for the nosey ones..... Any chance of an inside scoop on what happened and are you confident it won't happen again?    Thanks 

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂