cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Oculus Store issues, unable to download most past titles:

shogunmn
Heroic Explorer

For the past month I continue to have issues with downloading past titles. I have many great games I would like to play that state "Sorry we can't install ____ Please visit Oculus Support. I have done fresh installs, installed on a separate computer. Reset my network.  Nothing more I can do on my end. I also completed past support tickets submitting logs with no resolution. 

Anyone else going through this? I hope Meta updates the storefront and fixes these issues. Several hundred paid purchases since 2016 and most do not download. The storefront also has an issue where you are unable to download past titles (at least for me). It says get in text but no button to obtain, and no button on the actual page to purchase or download. Thank you. I am wondering if others are experiencing the same. I hate to make additional purchases and have them abandoned in the future with no ability to download. I will have to look towards other platforms if this isn't resolved. 

503 REPLIES 503

just to confirm Airmech and world of diving as of 12 hrs ago are still not installing.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

shogunmn
Heroic Explorer

I am going to be working with support to see if there is somehow a log in problem between FB and Oculus that is messing things up. It's just odd the Mobile App (Rift section) is just as broke as the PC app. It also is strange it's like frozen in time, my purchases only go until the start of December then end. They show up on the web log in or quest 2 though. I have 397 paid Rift /S (not free apps included) that I don't have access to acquired over the years! 

Good luck. Seems like this is the only section of the Oculus/FB machinery that is tracking this particular issue. I continue to trade e-mails with friendly FB techs who seem legit in wanting to assist but aren't tracking this particular problem at all--which seems odd given what a large segment of the Rift library seems to be affected and for what appears to be so many users. I read that some people have managed to get (most of) their titles back onto their PCs; for the record, there are still titles in my Rift library I cannot download as of this morning (Vanishing of Ethan Carter is the latest) yet others I can uninstall and re-download just fine 😞

Yes, I agree. It seems like I have to re-explain each time and then when I think my problem is understood the Quest 2 is brought up. The only difference form my situation than others in this thread is I also had most of my library show up and just had major install/download issues initially. It's when I did started doing repairs and reinstallations is when I lost my entire library and the app is basically just a wordless shell as of now. The only good things is Steam VR continues to function. Oculus already lost sales as I bought VR titles in the Steam store instead of Oculus (even if they were cross buy) over the break. I also have Windows mixed reality if the launcher starts failing also for steam VR. Nothing would surprise me at this point. 

shogunmn
Heroic Explorer

After doing some research it appears at least a temporary fix could have been implemented in a day.  This is ridiculous, at least let users roll back drivers so they have access to their content. There are certain drivers pre-fall of 2021 that would provide users their working library.  I am also using windows mixed reality instead of the Rift S due to performance issues for Steam. I'll be transitioning from the Oculus ecosystem all together over time, I am dumbfounded how they are dropping the ball this badly. 

Hello shotgunmn, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are aware that some people are still having trouble installing apps. We realized this can be disappointing when you're ready to get into the game. Nevertheless, if you have a game or app that seems stalled out for more an extended amount of time, ensure that you have the Cloud Backup feature enabled and perform a factory reset. After completing the reset, updates should resume. 

Let us know if you need anything else. 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Tell me you didn't just recommend another factory reset? 

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a specific known issue where an installation for an app starts and then stalls out, never completing, failing, or making progress. If an install hangs for over 2 hours like this, the only solution for that state right now is a factory reset. The team will be putting out an update in the future, for the sake of getting folks in VR quick, they recommend the reset. But, this thread isn't overall impacted by that issue, and it isn't what @shogunmn is experiencing either. 

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

I am convinced the the majority of the problems reside in the OVRLibrarian and OVRLibrarianService for those experiencing Library problems. They could have at minimum a temporary  solution for this overnight if they really cared. I am sure the numbers aren't high enough to have a statement on top of the Oculus page like other issues. If you have the old drivers from a past update (especially in the support file) you can get your library back but you wont be able to launch games until you disconnect from the internet and you will also get errors that go away once you disconnect your internet. This also bricks SteamVR as it requires everything to be current driver wise. I do believe the devs have fixed most download issues for games. I have a hunch the problem was the same regarding the library populating on the Quest 2 but a hard reset is an easier solution than messing around with all these drivers to figure out what is going to work and what is not. 

I also think there is something tied to issues with profiles with FB and Oculus. I can't understand it entirely but it seems evident those of us that have had Oculus accounts for years and merged FB for Quest 2 could have issues. Official support has absolutely terrible about this and wont address it until Meta actually allows an unlink (not this forum and some have been really good on other platforms, not their fault). Most of us just want a working product and software and don't care how we log in if it just works. 

I don't even know what to say honestly..... It's gotten soo ridiculous its' funny. 🤣