cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC VR Lag (Using Link Cable)

jimythedrummer
Explorer

Hello, I am using the Meta Quest Link Cable to play PC VR. I am launching a game on Steam (Vail VR) and I am noticing a bit of lag. For example. I will run behind a large object to avoid being shot, and a moment later I will die. The bullet path shows that I died several feet away from my current location, before I got behind cover. I am also seeing enemies slightly after they see me. I have tested this with friends.

I am using a RTX 3080 GPU and I am able to effortlessly run at 90 FPS.  

I use an ethernet connection and measure my connection speed and ping regularly. Typically 900Mbps download and 35 upload with a ping of 13ms. However, in game my ping typically shows between 80 and 120ms.

I launch the game through steam, as it is not available on the oculus software. 

Is there anything I can do to reduce lag/latency? I also own a copy of the game on Quest, would it be better/faster for me to play it that way using wifi?

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, I apologize for the delayed response.
I’m not sure what happened but now everything seems to be working like it used to. Thank you so much for all of the information and all of the help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @jimythedrummer, Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your issue with PC VR. We definitely don't want you lagging and always ahead of the game, we are going to do our best to get you back up to speed! We just need little bit more information to get to the root of this issue.

• How long have you been noticing the lag?
  • What type of device do you have?
  • What game are you experiencing this on?
  • Is there a glitch or is it just the lagging?
  • Are you experiencing the lagging on more than one game?

Please answer those few questions for us so that we can get you back up and running like new. We are looking forward to hearing back from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jimythedrummer, reaching out to you to see are you still having these issues with your Quest device? If so, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us. We're always here to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, I apologize for the delayed response.
I’m not sure what happened but now everything seems to be working like it used to. Thank you so much for all of the information and all of the help.

Hello @jimythedrummer! Amazing! We are so happy you could back into playing your VR. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more issues or questions!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?