cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC crashes when quest 2 disconnect

dolevk17
Honored Guest

Hi, so I got a quest 2 and connected it to my PC, on my pc is also the Oculus app.

I connect to my PC using air link and play in a good quality very few lags etc.

But every time I shut down the quest 2 my PC just freezes and it wont unfreeze unless I turn it off using the shut down button.

If any 1 knows how to fix it please let me know.

15 REPLIES 15

dolevk17
Honored Guest

Hi, so I've been playing some more and for some reason, it stopped. no idea how or why. hope it won't happen again but I guess that now we can call this ticket closed.

thx for the help and responses!

Hey @dolevk17! Thank you for updating us on this, we are always very happy to hear that your issue got resolved. Of course, if you have any further issues and wish to speak with a support agent, you can always find our support page here. You have the convenience of chatting live with an agent, sending an email, or even scheduling a call back! 

Thank you so much for your extended patience during the troubleshooting process. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yes, I am experiencing the same issues. I even bought a new powered link cable thinking that was the problem, but the same thing happened. When it disconnects, I have to unplug the USB cable and plug it in again, sometimes multiple times before the headset is recognized. Lately, I have had to turn off the headset and reboot the PC completely. Now, unless I completely turn off both the PC and headset, there is no sound when I use the Quest Link, although there is sound in the quest home Erebor environment, but it sounds terrible like a badly connected speaker. the sound does not come back when you run Steam VR .when you quit both steam vr and then quest link sound comes back in the home environment and 80% of the time you can then run up quest link and steam vr and the sound returns .my original headset was replaced with a split new one by meta some months (less than 6 months ) also it is prone to randomly disconnecting while i am using it .no other devices connected to my usb ports on the pc are having issues .all drivers are up to date and the only thing that i can think of its the usb on the headset but to be honest i am at a loss 

Hi there @Andy-rnxs! Thank you for reaching out to us today in regards to this issue. We would love to look into this matter further for you. In order to do so, please send us a PM so we can further work on this issue by clicking here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Hope to hear from you soon! Have an awesome day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey again @Andy-rnxs! We just wanted to follow up with you on the issues you were having PC crashing when device is disconnected . Were you still experiencing these issues? Hope to talk to you soon! Have a great day!

Hi @Andy-rnxs! Thank you for sending us a PM. We will continue to assist you through that channel. Looking forward to speaking with you soon!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?