cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC keeps crashing about 20 minutes after connecting to Quest 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there,

Recently I have gotten back home after a bit over a week away from my PC. I came back and connected my Quest 2 to my PC and started playing games like normal. Everything was fine until today when now my PC crashes around 15-20mins after connecting it to my Quest 2. It doesn't automatically restart or anything it just completely freezes. When I press the Oculus button on my controller is opens the Quest menu instead of the Rift one. Even after I disconnect the headset my computer stays frozen. Even resetting the graphics drivers (Ctrl+Shift+Win+B) doesn't work.

Specs:

CPU: i7-3820

GPU: GTX 1080

RAM: 16GB DDR3

PSU: 750w 80+ gold.

My specs are a little bit old but they were running pretty detailed games (Phasmophobia, Blade and Sorcery) as well as some less graphically intensive games completely fine until today. If someone could please tell me why this is happening. If it was caused by maybe something happening to the link cable, an update, or anything else.

Thanks, Jake.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, we noticed that your PC is constantly crashing when connecting with your Quest 2. We're glad to look into this for you. First, let's uninstall and reinstall the Oculus App if haven't done so already. 

If the situation still persists after that please try this: 

To reboot your headset:

1. Log out of your Oculus Companion App.
  2. Log back in.
  3. With your headset on, hold the power button on the right side of your headset down until you're prompted with a shut-down screen.
  4. Select Restart to reboot your Quest 2 or Quest.

If that doesn't work please try: 

Turn off your headset. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset. 
Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button. 
Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button. 

Notes: Performing a factory reset is irreversible and will remove all account information, downloaded games, and content from the headset. Performing a factory reset won't remove content you've purchased or downloaded from your account.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.