cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC with NO USB-C port. Do I get an adapter? Another cable?

OddOttAllen
Honored Guest

Hi there. I wanted to ask for some advice.

The PC that I am getting does not have a USB-C port on it for the official Quest Link Cable. It does have USB-A ports that match the specifications, though. I wanted to ask if getting a USB-C to USB-A adapter would affect the signal at all, or if there were any adapters that could handle what the cable requires.

If not, should I just go for the Anker cable? Or find a PCI card with the correct specifications? Thank you all in advance.

1 REPLY 1

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey hey @OddOttAllen, that's an understandable concern and I'd love to try and help. When it comes to adapters, there's really no telling what will and won't work. There has definitely been and still is many a time where a USB-C to USB-A cables work. Doesn't specifically have to be the official or Anker cable. As long as it meets the cable requirements (USB 3.2 Gen 1 Signaling 5 Gbps USB 2 Backwards Compatible) you should be more than okay for PCVR.

Something else you could do is Air Link which wouldn't require a cable. Either way, you want to be sure your PC meets the listed Link requirements for PCVR. 

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to let me know!

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling