cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCVR issues with Quest 2

Surlier
Explorer

I have been loving sim-racing using wired link with my Q2.  Thank you for continuing to refine your products.  I have two issues when using link with my PC.

1. When I start my Quest 2, if it is plugged into my already running PC neither hand-tracking nor controllers are recognized.  Unplugging doesn't fix it, I must restart my Q2 with the wired link not attached.

2. If I have headphones connected to the audio jack, unplugging the headphones breaks the wired link and returns me to the Q2 home.

Also I'd like to add to the people calling for updated system requirements, my computer more than meets minimum requirements but I still get the warning about it, however it doesn't seem to affect my Oculus/Meta link performance so not really that important.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So this issue happens only using Meta Quest Link specifically, my headset was fully updated (but is updating today 04/16/2024 to v64) , unplugging headphones disconnects me from the Meta Quest Link it is not game specific, I am using the original Q2 controllers.  Ignore all that, V64 has solved these issues for me.

Thanks for the quick reply and my regards to the support team and the wizards behind the updates. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Surlier 🙂

I'm not sure, if this will help you with your first problem, but ....

My Quest 2 is always plugged into my PC and I have never to restart the Quest unplugged.

What I do.....I unlink the device in menu after playing PC games, so I always end and start a vr session in the the Quest home.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Surlier! Thanks for reaching out to us about the issues with your controllers/hand tracking not being detected when first plugging in your headset and trying to use PCVR. Also @Choleni, Thank you for your personal feedback and experience as well on this!

Some things we wanted to check out to try and help determine where the issues lie for this:

• Does this happen with a specific game only, or does it also happen when using our Meta Quest Link platform specifically?
  • Have you ensured that your headset has been fully updated?
  • Does unplugging your headset and it disconnecting from PCVR happen only when being used for this game, or every application being used from our platform?
  • Are you using any 3rd party controllers?
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

So this issue happens only using Meta Quest Link specifically, my headset was fully updated (but is updating today 04/16/2024 to v64) , unplugging headphones disconnects me from the Meta Quest Link it is not game specific, I am using the original Q2 controllers.  Ignore all that, V64 has solved these issues for me.

Thanks for the quick reply and my regards to the support team and the wizards behind the updates. 

It's awesome to hear you found a solution! If you have any further questions, please let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?