cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE FIX WINDOWS 11! for oculus quest

max.bressers
Explorer

I want to play my games again, its taking so long and no work arounds or nothing that work. i cant go back to windows 10, there are to many things to change and stuff if i need to do that. 

How difficult can it be to fix this, not that much could have changed and its not like windows 11 is only a month old.

i wish i knew this before i changed, then i would've never done it. 

i want to play my racing games and half life alyx and a lot more.

please guys fix this bull**bleep**

8 REPLIES 8

Banana4Bananas
Heroic Explorer

What do you mean not that much changed? Windows 11 has an entirely different task scheduler and background activity monitor. Which if You weren't aware of, the Oculus VR server runs in the background and needs the correct task policy/priority to operate correctly. Windows 11 kicks it into lowest priority because it's a background non foreground operation and that's how the new task scheduler operates

max.bressers
Explorer

Ok if that is so, why isnt there a workaround where you can change the priority or anything like that, surely it cant be that hard to do something like that. Or a service that you can run separately as administrator. But now there is pretty much nothing i can do to fix it. 

You can't change the task scheduler settings, that is baked into the system. That's why there isn't a simple work around. And there's no service you can run because again the task scheduler conditions are pre determined by Microsoft 

Anonymous
Not applicable

That never worked, $1k new pc for windows 10 pc Oculus app, but what apps from there? I'll leave that up to you...

that really really sucks. i would love to play my games again but i guess its a waiting game for me to play right now. thanks for the answer that explains a lott. i mainly placed a post on here to get some atention on this problem so that the programmers got to it more, since they now now that there is one more person strugeling. but thanks for the explenation anyways

I'm at the point where I'm considering selling it off. I got mine to play PCVR... It was fun when it worked last year. Been six months since the Windows 11 update and still radio silence about if or when the support will be fixed. I mean, the device still sells used at a decent price so that's the argument of just getting rid of it instead of having it collect dust.

MartyTheRock
Explorer

I'm kind of frighten right now cause I'm about to build myself a pretty solid new system, using the new Core I7 12700, and an RTX 3070 (Yeah managed to put my hand on one at a "reasonnable" price). The problem is that, according to many reviews, the new hybrid architecture of Alder Lake CPU really takes advantage (need?) of Win 11 new thread management system. So basically, if I want to use the full power of my CPU I will have to use Windows 11. **bleep**, seeing that Oculus software is still not updated to Windows 11 makes me a little angry right now...

I feel you, its just so stupid, it feels like they are not even trying to do something. This cant go on for mutch longer