cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC v59 Quest Pro Artifacts when in PCVR

bazylmulder
Explorer

Hello,

My headset was updated to 59.0.0.138, but it has introduced a lot of artifacts to my screen.

It wasn't the case on v57. 

Apart from randomly occurring white, flashing pixels, I have some kind of diagonal “falling star” artifacts with random colors. It's very disturbing as it looks like the screen is not working right.

This is not some option not working, it's making the whole headset unusable!

I've tried to exit PTC and reset to default setting but nothing helps. This is really annoying, that I can't go back to stable version...

Please advise

13 REPLIES 13

Bromosapien1
Protege

Check out this post and join the rest of us who are frustrated by this problem with our user experience. What you are describing is exactly the same problem I have after about 5-10 minutes of using my headset, especially if I try to use horizon workrooms. I agree that it makes our headsets unusable.

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/PTC-v56-57-Flashing-white-colored-pixel-artifact-prob... 

flexiefect
Explorer

My quest pro becomes absolutely useless,after v59 update.Tried exit PTC and reset but can't go back to stable version.Last meta device for me.

bazylmulder
Explorer

Thanks for response guys.

Can anyone from Meta advise on this topic? Why I can't go back to v57 if I'm out of PTC 59? Where it was announced that v59 is now o stable channel?!?

sze5003
Explorer

I am also noticing the same thing, rainbow effect artifacts especially if you use virtual desktop. PC is all up to date with 13900k and 4090, windows 10 and latest Nvidia drivers.

bazylmulder
Explorer

I got coupe small updated on my headset, but I'm still having these issues. No one from meta reached out to me.

I'm on 5800x3d with 4090 and up-to-date all drivers on win11

Colt_Coffey
Protege

https://youtu.be/poXh4t2WDtA Is this the line you speak of?

bazylmulder
Explorer

You mean that "dirt" in glow above the lamp? No, mine are more like here: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UtuBNnsGpGI

But diagonal or horizontal 

@Ryanality Can you advise what to do with this issue? Or how to revert to v57?

My issue was bad AMD drivers. I had to rollback to a version more than a year ago to fix the problem.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @bazylmulder! We know how important it is for our customers to get back in the wonderful world of VR. If you are still seeing v59 you are probably in the latest version already as v59 is fully rolling out. With that being said, we would like for you to please send us a private message to check out any options we can provide that you may need. To do so, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?