cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC v63 Cannot click on the '...' above app tiles in app browser

DoubleDenim
Protege

Cannot click on the '...' above app tiles in app browser. The ... disappears when you click on it,

Once in this state you have to restart to fix it,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
23 REPLIES 23

The_1st_Dark_Lord_Morgoth
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey again, @DoubleDenim! Thanks for bringing up this issue about apps missing the "..." settings feature, and for letting me know that resetting this helps resolve this issue. Can you let me know if this happens anytime you turn on the headset, or if it just happens randomly? 

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

DoubleDenim
Protege

It's not random, to reproduce, from startup, open meta horizons world, then once it's loaded to the lobby, exit it using the system menu.

Now go to the apps browser and you can no longer click on the '...' that appears on hovering over an app tile. It disappears when you click on it instead of showing a context menu.

I appreciate you sharing that info. I'll go ahead and bring this up with our engineers. In the meantime, can you also share the full software version that's running on your headset? This can help them look into this issue further.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

System Version 498728700563005310

Version 63.0.0.326.363.576419514

Runtime 63.0.0.326.363.576419413

Thanks for sharing this! I'll relay this info to them so they can look into this issue further. I'll let you know what they say as soon as I hear back from them. 

Hey there, @DoubleDenim! I wanted to let you know that I heard back from our engineers, and they're having some trouble recreating the issue with the steps you provided. They recommend, since you've already rebooted your headset multiple times and the problem still comes up, to try factory resetting your headset. If you're still having this trouble after the reset, are you able to provide a recording of what you're seeing that shows this issue? I can share this with the engineers, so it can help them better understand how best to assist you.

Hi, Here's a video. 

This was taken straight after a factory reset.

Preconditions are that the sorting was set to 'latest' and I had 3 apps in the most recent list, as opposed to store or system windows etc.

Only other change after factory reset was to enable body/hand tracking.

I appreciate you sharing this video! I'll go ahead and send this to our engineers so they can look into this further. I'll let you know if they need anything else.

The_1st_Dark_Lord_Morgoth
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey, @DoubleDenim! I hope you've been well. I wanted to let you know that I heard back from our engineers. They tried following the steps you mentioned, from coming off a factory reset, enabling hand tracking, and making sure their sorting was the same, but they still were not able to replicate the issue.

Is there any other way that this issue may be able to happen? Like, if you were to enter any other app and close it, does it still not allow you to access the menu, or is it fine? 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?