cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pair second headset

drbob7228
Honored Guest

My wife and I previously shared one headset with app sharing. We now have 2 Quest 3 headsets. 
how do we share apps between both headsets? Will I lose accumulated data on some games?

also we both want to play some games together such as Golf+. 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @drbob7228 🙂

The account(yours?) who has all purchases on it has to be admin on both headsets, because only the admin can share apps.

Give the first headset - where app sharing is already enabled - to your wife.

If you want to keep the first headset and your wife get the new one, you have to disables app sharing on the old headset and enable it on the new one.

Learn about App Sharing on Meta Quest headsets 

Switch App Sharing to a different Meta Quest headset  

Will I lose accumulated data on some games?

No, nothing changes, you just install your games on a second headset too.

......we both want to play some games together such as Golf+

Some games allow you to play multiplayer with shared games, but most requires that each account has it's own copy of the game.

You have to try......

But even if it works...... Golf+ has DLCs and those are never share, means you can't play those courses together.

I actually think that for games with DLCs, it's always better if each account has their own copy of the game... but that's just my opinion.🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @drbob7228 🙂

The account(yours?) who has all purchases on it has to be admin on both headsets, because only the admin can share apps.

Give the first headset - where app sharing is already enabled - to your wife.

If you want to keep the first headset and your wife get the new one, you have to disables app sharing on the old headset and enable it on the new one.

Learn about App Sharing on Meta Quest headsets 

Switch App Sharing to a different Meta Quest headset  

Will I lose accumulated data on some games?

No, nothing changes, you just install your games on a second headset too.

......we both want to play some games together such as Golf+

Some games allow you to play multiplayer with shared games, but most requires that each account has it's own copy of the game.

You have to try......

But even if it works...... Golf+ has DLCs and those are never share, means you can't play those courses together.

I actually think that for games with DLCs, it's always better if each account has their own copy of the game... but that's just my opinion.🙂

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?