cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing headset with meta

tintotty.543040
Honored Guest

I had to go with meta, and now I can’t pair my headset to the met account,the Mets account gives me four code boxes and when I look into the head set to get the codes, the headset gives me   A 8 code number, I’m at my wits end!a,

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@tintotty.543040 If you're having an issue with the 8 digit code, see if you can input that code in the Meta.com/device site. If not, it could be part of the ongoing issue we've been seeing. 

If that doesn't work, make sure you're logged into the right account on https://secure.oculus.com/my/devices/

If you are not on the right account, go to auth.meta.com/settings and log out. Just login to the right account afterwards and that should be fine. 

Again, if that doesn't work this would just be part of an ongoing issue we've been looking into for the past week or so.

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, if you're ever having trouble pairing your headset with your Meta Quest app, we've got some great steps outlined on our troubleshoot headset pairing article here to get you up and running. This article is kept up to date, so if anything changes in the future, it'll remain current.

Make sure your phone and headset are on the same Wi-Fi network, and you may need to have Bluetooth enabled as well on your phone.

We've also got a video with some suggestions that'll help out: 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

annode
Honored Guest

My phone has a problem with it's Bluetooth. The phone needs to be right against the Bluetooth receiver in order to pair. So, when I moved my phone against the Quest 3 as it was scanning to pair, it finally paired and said successful. I didn't even need to enter the auth code (which I couldn't) at the auth.meta.com site.

39 REPLIES 39

maki.280582
Honored Guest

I had the same issue and stuck before pairing my device with codes. 

maki.280582
Honored Guest

😀I think you should uninstall Meta App and install it again. That worked for me. 

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@tintotty.543040 If you're having an issue with the 8 digit code, see if you can input that code in the Meta.com/device site. If not, it could be part of the ongoing issue we've been seeing. 

If that doesn't work, make sure you're logged into the right account on https://secure.oculus.com/my/devices/

If you are not on the right account, go to auth.meta.com/settings and log out. Just login to the right account afterwards and that should be fine. 

Again, if that doesn't work this would just be part of an ongoing issue we've been looking into for the past week or so.

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

QtCw
Honored Guest

How does such a large platform have an on going problem I can't log in with a refurbished device meta sent me which I'm pissed I had a brand new one one month broke!!!! . My son cant play I been through 10 people Noone can help how long is this going to go on for???? This is ridiculous this is Facebook not some random company. The amount of money we pay for this it shouldn't happen. If this was Apple one day it's fixed I'm so confused. I changed my emails made sure everything is good and still can't pair!!!!!! 

Barefield_Family
Honored Guest

I am having the exact same issue. It is incredibly frustrating. I don’t think I have ever had so much difficulty in getting a device to work. And I’ve dealt with technology for decades. Why does this have to be so hard? It is simple authentication and yet- it is tighter than Fort Knox.  

Hey there, @Barefield_Family! We can definitely understand your concern regarding the pairing issues you're running into, and we'd love to help out! Try out the following steps and let us know how it turns out:

• Update the Meta Quest Companion app to 181.1 or higher.
  • Complete a factory reset on the headset. (Steps below)
  • Attempt to complete the set-up process again, including repairing the controllers.

Factory reset from the Headset:

• Power off the headset
  • Press and hold volume down & Power
  • This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu
  • Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection
  • Navigate to Factory Reset and press the Power button
  • The device should now begin the Factory Reset process.

Let us know if this helps! If the issue persists, then please reach out to us via our support site with this link. We'll get this resolved one way or another!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Team,

I have invested 3 hours now in trying to set up my newly purchased Meta Quest 2.  Here is what occurred:

1. Went through headset onboarding screens
  2. Downloaded the Meta app on my iPhone 6s plus software version 15.7.6
  3. Created a Meta account using my Facebook to login
  4. Clicked Meta Quest 2
  5. Detected my headset code automatically
  6. "Something web wrong.  Please try again."
  7. Try again 4 times
  8. Read support.oculus.com
  9. Reinstall meta app on phone
  10. Step 6 occurs again
  11. On meta quest 2 conduct a factory reset
  12. Go through screens
  13. Step 6 happens again
  14. Login with desktop computer to meta account
  15. Verify no devices are under my account

I have tried all the strategies I can find online.  At this point I am thinking either I need to create a new Meta account and "not" use Facebook to log in or return the meta quest 2 and ask for a new one (I just bought it yesterday).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks!

Hey there, @joe.baarsch! We noticed that you are reaching out because you are experiencing some pairing issues with your newly purchased Meta Quest 2. We know how disappointing it can be when you encounter those types of issues as they can really effect your overall experience, so we want to provide some troubleshooting steps for you to try. 

• Ensure the phone's Bluetooth is turned on and the headset is turned on.
  • Ensure user and headset are using the admin account, and not an additional account.
  • Clear the Bluetooth cache on the phone. (see below)
  • Power cycle the phone and the headset.
    • Power off and then back on again. If unable to power off the headset normally, hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Oculus application on the phone.
  • Ensure the phone and headset are connected to same wireless network.
    • If using a dual-band router, also make sure they are connected to the same band (2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz) as well.
  • Try using a different phone.
  • Factory reset the headset once more.

To clear your phone's Bluetooth cache:

On an Android device

1. Open Settings and go to Apps.
  2. Go to Bluetooth
  3. Tap on Storage and Clear Cache.

On an iOS device

1. Open Settings and select Bluetooth.
  2. Forget every Bluetooth device in the My Devices list using the "i" icon.
  3. Restart your iOS device to clear the cache. After restarting, you will be required to re-pair with Bluetooth devices again.

Please let us know if any of these steps help to resolve your issue. We will be standing by just in case further assistance is needed! 

Heyyy @joe.baarsch! We just wanted to follow-up with you to see if you were still needing assistance with the pairing issues you were experiencing. Feel free to reach back out if you happen to have any further questions or concerns as we are always happy to help!