cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing headset with meta

tintotty.543040
Level 2

I had to go with meta, and now I can’t pair my headset to the met account,the Mets account gives me four code boxes and when I look into the head set to get the codes, the headset gives me   A 8 code number, I’m at my wits end!a,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@tintotty.543040 If you're having an issue with the 8 digit code, see if you can input that code in the Meta.com/device site. If not, it could be part of the ongoing issue we've been seeing. 

If that doesn't work, make sure you're logged into the right account on https://secure.oculus.com/my/devices/

If you are not on the right account, go to auth.meta.com/settings and log out. Just login to the right account afterwards and that should be fine. 

Again, if that doesn't work this would just be part of an ongoing issue we've been looking into for the past week or so.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

maki.280582
Level 2

I had the same issue and stuck before pairing my device with codes. 

maki.280582
Level 2

😀I think you should uninstall Meta App and install it again. That worked for me. 

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@tintotty.543040 If you're having an issue with the 8 digit code, see if you can input that code in the Meta.com/device site. If not, it could be part of the ongoing issue we've been seeing. 

If that doesn't work, make sure you're logged into the right account on https://secure.oculus.com/my/devices/

If you are not on the right account, go to auth.meta.com/settings and log out. Just login to the right account afterwards and that should be fine. 

Again, if that doesn't work this would just be part of an ongoing issue we've been looking into for the past week or so.

QtCw
Level 2

How does such a large platform have an on going problem I can't log in with a refurbished device meta sent me which I'm pissed I had a brand new one one month broke!!!! . My son cant play I been through 10 people Noone can help how long is this going to go on for???? This is ridiculous this is Facebook not some random company. The amount of money we pay for this it shouldn't happen. If this was Apple one day it's fixed I'm so confused. I changed my emails made sure everything is good and still can't pair!!!!!! 

I am having the exact same issue. It is incredibly frustrating. I don’t think I have ever had so much difficulty in getting a device to work. And I’ve dealt with technology for decades. Why does this have to be so hard? It is simple authentication and yet- it is tighter than Fort Knox.  

Hey there, @Barefield_Family! We can definitely understand your concern regarding the pairing issues you're running into, and we'd love to help out! Try out the following steps and let us know how it turns out:

• Update the Meta Quest Companion app to 181.1 or higher.
  • Complete a factory reset on the headset. (Steps below)
  • Attempt to complete the set-up process again, including repairing the controllers.

Factory reset from the Headset:

• Power off the headset
  • Press and hold volume down & Power
  • This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu
  • Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection
  • Navigate to Factory Reset and press the Power button
  • The device should now begin the Factory Reset process.

Let us know if this helps! If the issue persists, then please reach out to us via our support site with this link. We'll get this resolved one way or another!