cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing

Shaun52378
Honored Guest

Hello all, my wife and I love the oculus 2 and I have just purchased her her own. I am having trouble getting everything together. She created her own meta profile and avatar in the app. I have not synced her headset yet so my question is, how do I make it so she has her profile on her headset but still have her linked to my existing account so we can share apps and games. Please help!!

5 REPLIES 5

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Shaun52378 🙂

great decision to buy your wife her own one👍

So, to make app sharing possible with that headset, you have to set up the Quest with your account as admin.

Then you have to add your wifes account and enable app sharing on that headset. That's it😁

Multiple Meta accounts on Meta Quest 

One thing......if you are planning to play multiplayer with/against your wife, this won't work with a shared app.

Most games requires each account to have its own copy.....so your wife has to buy it herself.

Shaun52378
Honored Guest

Ok, do we share the meta+ membership?

Good question.

You won't share the membership, but your wife should be able to use the games you redeemed if app sharing is enabled.

I'm not 100% sure about that.

Hello @Shaun52378 and @Choleni! it's great to learn you bought your wife her own VR! We appreciate your concern and the responses provided. Apps can currently be shared by admin accounts on a single device. Using these steps, you can easily switch which device has app sharing. Remember that additional accounts can purchase their own apps but cannot share them with other accounts on the device. The app sharing feature will also allow you to share access to redeemed titles amongst other accounts. 

To find answers to frequently asked questions about subscriptions, please visit our Meta Quest + page. We hope this answers your questions; if you have any other ones, please let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey @Shaun52378, we're just checking to see whether you had any further questions!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?