cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passthrough Virtual Environment on Oculus Link Home

VertexJunkee
Honored Guest

Hi,

Is there a way to use Passthrough virtual environment inside Link home?

That I can easily see my mouse and keyboard while working with Link's Virtual Desktop (not the app but the one on Oculus Link menu).

Many thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just use Virtual Desktop, they have passthrough with 90hz refresh rate option ( wireless ofcorse) I no longer use Oculus HOME app or Oculus app of any kind on my PC. Only STEAM VR. If you want to use Steam link ( NOT OCULUS LINK) then you have to wait for a bit they will have passthrough soon ( possibly already have it( you can check in the steam menu) as for OCULUA link I do not think uses that anymore. It’s a bit outdated and it only had Passthrough for the OCULUS RIFT originally and only using UNiTY set up, which was externally complex. I suggest VIRTUAL DESKTOP it’s out of the box Passthrough and it is wireless…. Aaand providing you have good to great internet ( at least 5G or even better 6G, but 5G should be fine) you will not notice much latency with wireless connection… in fact I would argue wireless is better connection now days then Oculus wired Link with OCULUS app. So just get Virtual Desktop and enjoy the passthrough 🤩 This was brought to you by a RI ( Regular Inelegance ) 🤦‍:male_sign:😂😂😂

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

PITTCANNA
Visionary

For Rift S

• Put on your Rift S headset.
  • Press the Oculus button to pull up your Dash.
  • Select Settings.
  • Set up your home button to enable Passthrough on double click.

Once you enable Passthrough, you can switch into Passthrough mode by:

• Pressing the Oculus button on your right Touch controller twice.
  • You can double press the Oculus button again to exit Passthrough.

Alakelele
Expert Protege

I have the same question but this answer is not satisfactory, we would like a functionnality just like workrooms where you can define a passthrough desk and use it to interact with your keyboard while still seeing your virtual desktop. Also if you could find time to implement hand tracking in Link that would be great, no pressure

The Passthrough Room mode doesn't work with LINK anymore.... I think they switched it off for some reason..

Hey there, @ndalian! We know Link issues can be discouraging, so we'd love to help out!

In order to gain some insight, could you please answer the following:

1. When was this first noticed?
  2. Have you tried any troubleshooting? (So to not repeat any steps)
  3. Are your GPU drivers up to date?
  4. Is your Windows 10/11 up to date?
  5. Are your Oculus drivers up to date:
    1. Close the Oculus app.
    2. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command.
    3. Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers.
    4. Open oculus-driver.
    5. Open the Oculus app and then try to connect your headset again.

Once we have this information, we'd be glad to look into some other possibilities!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

1. I have never tried using Pass through the room in Lin. So noticed it just a few days ago, but I have seen people using it on Oculus around 2 years ago. Also, I saw a similar effect with Rift as well 2 years ago.

2. Yes I have tried all of the troubleshooting

3. My GPS is up to date I have checked

4. My windows 10 is up to date( Had an update very recently just to make sure)  

5. Yes, I have checked and all drivers are up to date.

Nothing worked.

Here is what I'm

trying to get to for reference: 

Just a simple Passthrough... Similar to Rift. This is available on Quest when connected via Cable with LINK.

I know there is an option using the UNITY setup, but it's extremely complex and unnecessary for my purpose. I just want to see my keyboard while having my PC desktop open. ( my keyboard is cabled NOT BLUETOOTH, which means I can not connect it to the Virtual keyboard on Oculus at all. Plus I need my keyboard.) 

Please let me know how I can make passthrough with dash still visible in LINK.

Cheers

Andy 

Hey there, @ndalian! Thank you for answering those questions for us.

We would love to provide you with our article that includes the keyboards we support, just click here to check it out! If you have any suggestions you'd like to make you can always go to ideas and see how many others agree with you as well!

If you have any other questions or need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Not a helpful answer. It does not address the issue which multiple users have raised.

We want to be able to *see* a real world keyboard, by enabling passthrough mode in Quest Link.

Please carefully read through the posts that users have taken the time to type up before replying.
It's incredibly rude to reply with unrelated generic advice, and incredibly disheartening for new users coming to the forum.

corncreon
Honored Guest

Same issue, how can i use passthrough with quest link?  I was hoping i could this this as a productivity device, but if i cant even see my keyboard it just kinda sucks

Are these AI generated answers? This has no relevancy to the original question.

Pass through in Quest Link is an absolute must for better Unity Development.