cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pauses, flickering, and Glitches

johngfoster
Explorer

Please help.  I've been having more and more trouble with pauses while playing a flight simulator PC VR game (Condor 2).  The screen freezes for periods of 5-6 seconds, and when it comes back, there is a "working on it" triangular symbol in the upper right corner.  The interval between pauses varies, but is mostly every 20-30 seconds.  I've tried rebooting my headset, rebooting my computer, using an authentic Oculus Link cable, using Air Link, and even a factory reset of the Quest 2, but none of these have made any difference at all.  It seems that this problem has been gradually getting worse with the last few updates.  This headset (Quest 2) worked perfectly when I first got it in November 2020, but lately it is becoming almost unuseable.  I like to race online with friends, but with these glitches, it really messes things up.  What is the cause of this, and how do I fix it?  Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No reply after 5 days?  Good thing I figured it out myself then. I noticed I didn’t have this issue when playing stand-alone games on the Quest 2. My gut told me it was a hot processor. And while the front of my VR goggles was noticeably warm, it wasn’t hot enough to be uncomfortably hot. Turns out it was my PC. When I shut it down, not just put it to sleep, it cools off completely. No more pauses or flickering since I started doing this.

What puzzles me though is why it is only doing this now?  Why wasn’t this an issue when I started using the Quest 2 in 2020?  Why has this become more of a problem with every update?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @johngfoster, we see that you are having some issues with some delays on PCVR. We appreciate you bringing your issue to our attention, lets get started so we can what's going on. If you haven't already, can you check your system to ensure that you are running your computer with the correct requirements for the quest? Also, have you checked to see if your drivers are up to date? 
We will leave the specifications for PCVR, here

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

My system:

Processor: Intel core i7-10750H @ 2.6GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Memory: 16 GB (15.9 GB useable)

USB ports: 1x USB-C, 4x USB-"standard"

USB cable: official Oculus Link cable

Which drivers do I need to make sure are up to date?  My Quest 2 is running update 49, if that is what you are asking.

I was able to capture a 7 minute video that demonstrates exactly what the problem is using the Oculus app on my phone. However, I can’t post a video (only pictures).  I was able to post it on the Facebook group though. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/238504600345458/permalink/1150187549177154/?mibextid=S66gvF

No reply after 5 days?  Good thing I figured it out myself then. I noticed I didn’t have this issue when playing stand-alone games on the Quest 2. My gut told me it was a hot processor. And while the front of my VR goggles was noticeably warm, it wasn’t hot enough to be uncomfortably hot. Turns out it was my PC. When I shut it down, not just put it to sleep, it cools off completely. No more pauses or flickering since I started doing this.

What puzzles me though is why it is only doing this now?  Why wasn’t this an issue when I started using the Quest 2 in 2020?  Why has this become more of a problem with every update?

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?