cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing downloads from Oculus store turns into cancelling download

Twiistaye
Honored Guest
Does anyone know why whenever I pause a game that's downloading from the Oculus store, the game restarts the install from scratch?

If the Internet goes out as well, the download will cancel completely, forcing me to restart it. Normally, the Internet goes out 3-4 times daily, and I can't download Asgard's Wrath without it cancelling due to Internet crashes.

It seems odd, because this doesn't happen with Steam or the Origin launcher from EA (recently purchased Star Wars: Battlefront II). Download continued after the Internet crashed.
43 REPLIES 43

UPDATE THE UI AND THE BUGS PLEASE FOR ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD 

2022 and they still don’t give a f*** about customers 

This is pretty worrying that this issue has been going on for YEARS, and despite everyone pointing out it's an issue to the oculus forums and support. Nothing changes. 

This experience shows me I can't ever buy from the oculus store again. It's to risky as I'll never be able to download what I've paid for. How is this being ignored? 

We are aware that some people are not able to properly install apps on their Quest library. If you have a game or app that seems stalled for more than a few hours, ensure that you have the Cloud Backup feature enabled then perform a factory reset

Now, this is a current fix we've had for this issue for fixes after outage late last year. If this does not help, we'd love to hear from everyone having this issue here.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

The issue is that the oculus store app deletes any progress if the internet is slightly disturbed or if you pause the download it does the same. 

Dose cloud backup effect the store? It's not a device problem it's an oculus store problem. 

LQDHVN
Honored Guest

It's pretty lame but the issue is slow internet, not necessarily the device. What can they do? I think the solution would be to allow downloads in the background when plugged in. 

I've NEVER had a download issue on steam. Even if a download takes multiple days with constant disconnections. 
Yet trying to download Lone Echo 2 always fails. I paid for a product and am unable to download it. As the slightest disturbance in a multi day download for most people will delete ALL progress and start from the beginning. Costing money from the internet provider due to Gb's of lost information and the £30 price tag of a scam! unplayable game. 

Hey, TastesLikePurple! Players should be able to play what they want, when they want it, especially after they buy it. The last thing we'd want is for that to be taken away from you. If your Lone Echo II download keeps failing, you should first check that you have the available hard drive space required for the game to download.

Typically for installations, it's not a bad idea to have double the space required for the download, as the game unpacks, then compresses itself to the final download size. For example, the download for Lone Echo II is about 21.04GB, but the folder may get even bigger as the game finishes its download and installation. Afterwards, the folder should be in the ballpark range of about 21GB. It's natural for a game to cancel its download, and thereby restart, if the HDD does not meet the recommended storage amount for the download.

If it's an internet issue, we recommend trying to download the game with an ethernet cable plugged into your PC/laptop, that way your download stays uninterrupted. To add a bit more silver lining to the seemingly dark nimbus of a cloud, this will also improve connectivity for general internet browsing and multiplayer gameplay experiences!

Still no dice? Can't run an ethernet cable to your PC/laptop? Not a problem, just open up a ticket through our support channel, so we can take a further look into some alternatives!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yes I've enough space.

Why do I need an uninterrupted download for a 20Gb game? Thats pretty much the whole day or night downloading, with no one allowed to access the internet. Otherwise the Oculus Software will delete all progress. 

This is an issue with the software, not my internet, not my hardware. There are multiple people complaining of this exact issue. Why has it been ignored for years? Why am I being pointed to as the cause of the issue?

SirTexMurphy
Honored Guest

Why do you deny developing a pause feature for your customers?

Actually it should be quite easy. If you do not know how to program it, contact me ^^