cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment method error

Ascend3r
Explorer

I cant buy any game on oculus quest 2 

I tried different cards, prepaid gift card using the app on my phone, the pc and through the oculus it self, i even tried using different area code nothing works, it keeps showing the same message, it doesn’t accept my payment method!!

but yesterday i received a note from my bank account saying there’s a 1$ pending on oculus!!! Two times. Please if anyone can tell me how to fix this I’ve been trying to do buy a game for a week now !!!

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, Ascend3r. We know how important it is to add a payment method so you can get into the game! Please try to add a PayPal account through an incognito window on your phone or PC to see if you run into the same issue. If you do run into the same issue, then please contact your financial institution to see if there might be a hold on your account. If none of these steps are viable, please reach out to our support team and we would be happy to look into this issue and get to the bottom of this.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

JordddLS99
Explorer

Having this same issue mate. Only went out and got a quest 2 today. Can't add any payment methods across all platforms! Either get PayPal failed to link message or sorry, we can't add this payment method with a VISA debit. It's disgraceful

Same as me.

Its happening with me as well, i have a prepaid visa card and i cant use it at all with paypal or with adding just the card to the app.

I hope this gets fixed.

Howdy there, @5xdf! The cavalry has arrived. Not to worry, we'll gladly point you in the right direction so you can make purchases in the Meta store. If you haven't already, we'll leave you with some troubleshooting steps to consider:

• Check to see if the financial institution placed any restrictions
  • Try another network connection type
  • Try another network location
  • Try different combinations of the area/zip code
  • Restart the device
  • Try another device
  • Try another payment method.

Please keep us updated on how things are going so that we can determine whether any additional steps are required.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello there! We're keeping an eye on you and wondering if you still require assistance with your inability to make online purchases. Please do not hesitate to contact us, we will be delighted to help you.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?