cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pc not up to spec?

Redrayge
Explorer

Hi there,

I am a newbie with the Quest2, which I am slowly getting to grips with.

However in my settings on the App i keep getting a message in blue telling me my 'Computer doesn't meet the updated minimum specifications, which can lead to a poor experience in VR'

The rub is my system is way above the specs stated on the oculus website!

I am running Windows 10 Pro with an AMD 3800X processor and an AMD RX6600XT graphics card with 64gb of 3600Mhz Ram in a MSI MAG B550 motherboard.

What gives?

Screenshot 2021-10-31 191144.pngScreenshot 2021-10-31 191301.png

I was born with nothing, I still have most of it.
MSI Mag B550 Tomahawk, AMD Ryzen 7 3800x CPU, ASUS 6600 XT Gaming OC GPU, 32 Gb G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600 Ram.
5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, so all your specs do meet and exceed the minimum requirements for using your Quest with your PC. We want to gather more information to better assist you. Are you able to bypass the banner? And have you experienced any issues while using your device? Hope to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Redrayge
Explorer

Apologies for the delay in replying.

Yes, if I close the alert using the 'x' it goes away and I don't seem to have any difficulty using the Quest 2. I am using it via airlink at the moment which seems to work okay but I am hoping to use it via a link cable so I can up the resolution etc.

What I don't understand is even without connecting a link cable the app is saying it's not up to spec.

However, when I do connect a link cable the app reports that I am only connected to a USB 2 port when in fact it's plugged into a USB 3.2 Gen2 10Gb/s port. The USB test part of the app reports a speed of 385 MB/s which is even slower than the USB 2 standard, so Im suspecting the link cable I purchased is not up to the job.  I am just waiting the arrival of a fibre optic cable to see if this solves the issue.

Thanks

Gary

MSI Mag B550 Tomahawk, AMD Ryzen 7 3800x CPU, ASUS 6600 XT Gaming OC GPU, 32 Gb G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600 Ram.

Hey there Redrayge, we're glad to hear the issue is not affecting your gameplay experience and we see that you believe the issue can be resolved by ordering a new cable. Please let us know if the issue is able to be resolved once your new Link cable comes in. If the issue is ongoing after receiving the new cable, don't hesitate to reach back out for further assistance. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have now received two new link cables, both rated at 5Gb/s and from reputable companies.

Despite this the oculus desktop app still tells me my ‘computer does not meet the updated minimum specification’… etc. and it also keeps reporting that the link cable is NOT connected to a USB 3 port, despite the port being rated as 3.2 Gen 1 5Gb/s.

The USB test feature returns a figure of 366MB/s which is even slower than that rated for USB2.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that my Quest is faulty by not recognising my USB3 ports or the ports on my brand new MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk Motherboard are not operating at the design speed.

No idea how to find out which.  I don’t have anyone nearby who I can contact to connect my quest to their PC to see if it’s the same on theirs.

Gary

Hey again Redrayge,

We want to look into this issue further and it may require some more advanced troubleshooting. Please submit a support ticket with us here: https://ocul.us/ContactSupport

If you can, please reiterate the issue and your previous troubleshooting steps in the ticket. Our agents may do some basic troubleshooting steps with you first to doublecheck all the basics. Please stick with us so we can pinpoint the issue and move forward from there.

Thank you so much for working with us and being so proactive on your end in investigating the problem. We hope the rest of your day goes well and that you thrive!