cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pcvr driver crashing

Aybil_09
Honored Guest

Heya, so I've recently gotten a meta quest 3 and I've been trying to play it on pcvr with a cable. Unfortunately, when I do that my entire PC will crash around 20 minutes into play, and often uninstall my drivers, forcing me to reinstall. I just want to play pcvr games on steam. My PC seems to run this game fine as is. I heard it's the driver's detecting the quest as a display and messing up because of that. Any help here is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Aybil_09! We hope you're having a great day today! Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We know it's no fun to not be able to use our devices to their full capacity so we would love to help getting this issue resolved for you. We have a few troubleshooting steps we can try and fix the crashing issue.

• Reseat all cables and connections
  • reinstall the Oculus desktop app
  • Restart the computer
  • Disconnect the headset cable from both the PC and the headset, and inspect it for any damage which may include but is not limited to Bent Pins, Frays, Kinks and Twists.

We've seen these steps help people out in the past with the same issue you're having. We're hoping that they will do the same for you. Have a wonderful rest of your day, hope to hear back from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@Aybil_09 wrote:

Heya, so I've recently gotten a meta quest 3 and I've been trying to play it on pcvr with a cable. Unfortunately, when I do that my entire PC will crash around 20 minutes into play, and often uninstall my drivers, forcing me to reinstall. I just want to play pcvr games on steam. My PC seems to run this game fine as is. I heard it's the driver's detecting the quest as a display and messing up because of that. Any help here is appreciated.

I'm not currently having any problems with Link on either my QPro or Q3 headsets so I don't know what is causing this with your Q3.  Both my QPro and PC are currently on non-beta v62 and my Q3 is still on v60.  I just got a non-beta SteamVR update v2.3 yesterday and so far this seems ok.  

If you are on SteamVR beta, maybe try rolling back to non-beta.  You may be best to contact Meta Support (include your log files) and SteamVR support on all this imho.  Good luck mate and cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Aybil_09! We hope you're having a great day today! Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We know it's no fun to not be able to use our devices to their full capacity so we would love to help getting this issue resolved for you. We have a few troubleshooting steps we can try and fix the crashing issue.

• Reseat all cables and connections
  • reinstall the Oculus desktop app
  • Restart the computer
  • Disconnect the headset cable from both the PC and the headset, and inspect it for any damage which may include but is not limited to Bent Pins, Frays, Kinks and Twists.

We've seen these steps help people out in the past with the same issue you're having. We're hoping that they will do the same for you. Have a wonderful rest of your day, hope to hear back from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, hey @Aybil_09! We're checking in to make sure you were able to get your Quest 3 working with your PC, or if you've run into any further trouble with that at all. We'd like to make sure everything went smoothly for you along the way, so please don't hesitate to reach back out!

Reinstalling the oculus app worked. Thanks a lot!

Hey @Aybil_09! We're glad to hear our solution worked for you, and we'll always be happy to help you in the future. We hope you have a great day! 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?