cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with airlink, ethernet, and hotspot

schimino
Honored Guest

I finally got a pc for my quest and am trying to setup airlink in a separate room. My pc is located in my loft. My pc is connected wirelessly to my 5g hotspot for internet. I then ran an ethernet cable from my pc to my game room and connected it to a router(LAN). There is no internet going into the router (WAN). Now my pc will not pick up the internet from my hotspot. It says it's connected but no internet. Is the pc not picking up the hotspot's internet because I plugged in the ethernet cable? 

4 REPLIES 4

Most likely, yes. I suspect the ethernet connection has picked up a default gateway from the router so the PC is trying to route all non-local network traffic (ie internet) via the non-internet router. You should be able to manually configure the settings on your ethernet connection to exclude a default gateway.

Your headset probably won't have internet access either though.

Thanks for helping, from what I read, I didn't think the quest would need internet when connected to the pc using airlink, just the pc needs internet. How do you exclude a default gateway, I'm not familiar with networking.

@schimino I'll be honest. I don't really know much about this, but I feel the team would be able to help since they'd have better resources at their hands. 

The best suggestion I could provide here, is to make a ticket where our wonderful agents can provide the best assistance. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

It's quite a big topic I'm afraid and will involve at least some configuration of network settings on the PC or router. Not easy to even describe without basic networking knowledge, particularly via forum thread.