cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pls help, my Oculus hasn't worked for 4 months and support won't help

Zeriel00
Explorer

Hello, I was gifted an original Oculus Rift in early November 2021, I used it for about a week and then had to reformat my hard drive. Now no matter what I try I get the same error, "Oculus App Can't Connect to Server". I can't see the setup, I tried installing all the dependencies like C++, .Net runtime, etc. I even got a new video card and nothing works.

I contacted support several weeks ago, I talked to Belk, sent him my system info and he only told me to update my drivers and restart, I did but no change. Then he tells me that they're aware of the issue and that he will contact me but I never heard from him again.

I'm at my wit's end, I literally tried every solution online and nothing works. I wasted over a hundred dollars in games that I can't play and I'm about to throw this thing in the garbage because nobody knows what's wrong with it. I've never been so disappointed by a product and by a company's support.

Anyways, Sorry for the long novel, but It's been almost 4 months of this and I'm really tired and annoyed. This is my last attempt before I get rid of it for my mental well being.

Oculus Logs (I changed my videocard to an Nvidia 3060)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LhFCm6UaAmYyzetqgz0xV4aSgeh9Ot8H/view?usp=sharing

OVRServer errors, the only clue I have so far. Says something about the Oculus Runtime but I can't find a way to install this. It also says something about the audio input device not being found.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uJNeJFdTY7fB3gtu3QZX_0X_DfamG5Wc/view?usp=sharing

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Zeriel00,

Thank you for providing your PC's logs, it definitely helped narrow down the potential reasons for this issue.

Based off the information you have provided, it appears the graphic-card you currently have installed is not compatible with the Rift S.

For all recommended Graphic-cards for the Rift please feel free to view this article here.

We hope this information helps clarify the issue a bit better.

If you need further assistance in the near future, feel free to private message so we can further troubleshoot on this issue.

Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Thank you.   

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This is what I'm talking about, oh sorry your video card doesnt work, even tough I mentioned in my post that I have an Nvidia RTX 3060 and an original Oculus Rift not Rift S. I also mentioned that I used it with no problems for a week back in november with my old Video card. But you didn't even read my post, I doubt you even saw the logs.

This is the worse customer support I have ever seen. You don't even care about your users long enough to read one post before copy pasting a canned response. What part of I've been struggling 4 months with your bs don't you understand?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zeriel00, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to apologize for our delayed response. This is definitely not the VR experience we want our gamers to have, and rest assured we're here to help! The Oculus App Status error can be a sticky one, although the agent on your case will be reviewing you logs we want to start with at least a few steps. 

First, ensure you're not using any remote desktop software to attempt to run the Oculus software. Oculus software should be connected to the native PC hardware and not through remote desktop software. To avoid encountering issues like this one here. After you've confirmed you aren't running any remote desktop software, we'll be able to move on to the next step.

Next, let's make sure that you're running your WIFI off of a strong, stable connection and not a hotspot or anything similar. Additionally, we also recommend resetting your modem and router to ensure the most accurate results.

Lastly, we'll need to make sure the Oculus service is running properly in the Microsoft Services Console. We've included steps below on how to check that:

1. Open the Microsoft Services Console (Start > Search > services.msc)
  2. Verify the Oculus VR Runtime Service status is Running (If the service is not Running: Right click “Oculus VR Runtime Service then select “Start.”)
  3. Verify the Oculus VR Runtime Service Startup type is Automatic (no delayed start)
  4. If the service startup type is not showing Automatic: Right click “Oculus VR Runtime Service,” Select “Properties,” change Startup Type to “Automatic”

We'll also be following up with you via email to ensure that we were able to resolve the error message you've experienced. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

It seems my reply keeps getting deleted? This is the second time it happens, am I doing something wrong?

I said I already checked everything above and to please check my OVRServer_x64.exe logs on my first post because those errors are the only clue I have. I tried the installer over 20 times and "Can't connect to oculus service" is the only thing I see.

Hi there! We understand this situation is frustrating for you, and we are going to do everything we can to help. With that being said, we want to suggest that you repair the Oculus PC app. You can find the steps to do this in the public support article link we embedded. Please let us know if this helps resolve your issue.

Are you making fun of me? Do you think is funny to tell me to repair the app after all I have said here? Do you think I didnt try that? Is that how you treat your custumers that ask you for support? Like theyre idiots? Are you going to ask me if my computer is pluged to the wall and turned on next? 

I have never dealt with support so unprofessional and disrespectful. You must think its really funny because you're all anonymous here. I will give up expecting anything more from you. You have wasted my time and my money. I will never buy another product from you again.

And in case you think you can keep deleting my response, I'll make sure to forward this to the support office by mail if I have to.

Thanks for wasting my time and I hope you had a good laugh at my expense.

Yikes.

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

Check to see if your firewall or antivirus is blocking OVRServer_x64.exe and oculusclient.exe.  I reinstalled / repaired the app 3-4 times before finding out this was the problem. Not fun with slow Internet connection that takes about 1 hr per Gb.