cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Q3 Airlink Performance on V62

rmzalbar
Protege

On V60, Airlink ran great on all of our headsets and PCs. We were even able to push up to 800Mbps through the 6E routers with no performance issues.

Recently the Oculus desktop app updated to V62. Performance was still perfect.
Then, the headsets finally rolled to V62. Now, Airlink shows constant hitches and stutters. All resolutions, all bitrates, static and dynamic. Even just in the Oculus Dash. The problem is amplified at higher bitrates, but is always present.

We have three VR PCs:

- 12th-gen i7 or newer CPUs
 - RTX 3080 12GB or better (All Nvidia)
 - 32GB RAM or more
 - Windows 11

Routers:
 - Asus AXE7800
 - Asus AX3000
 - tp-Link AXE5400

All three of our systems are affected, all PCs, all routers, all Q3 headsets (that have rolled to V62.)

Wired Link seems to be okay, and so is Virtual Desktop.

Any ideas? We have already tried factory resets. The factory reset did cure frame drops in the native standalone environment for one headset, but did not improve Airlink.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheLegend27
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey everyone! This air link micro-stuttering issue is actually one that was flagged by our internal team so I just wanted to drop by to let everyone know this is an issue the team is aware of and looking into. Looks like everyone here is familiar with the main thread, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this one to keep all reports under one umbrella for the team. I recommend subscribing to the main thread to stay informed on any updates that are posted. Looks like @TheAntiSocializer just posted an update there now, so I encourage you all to go take a look to help us get more information on the issue! Thanks for your patience!

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @rmzalbar. Thank you for bringing your Air Link experience to our attention since updating to V62. We know using Air Link allows the freedom to move around without the worries of a cable holding you back, so we'd love to look into this further! 

To get us started, with any new update, it is always best if there are noticeable issues, that a bug report is submitted to allow our team to address these concerns quickly. Once submitted, next, we do want to make sure the rest of the PC and GPU drivers are fully up-to-date. As we gather more details on this concern, we will continue to keep everyone updated on our next steps.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

D3ft0ne
Protege

I have pretty much same setup... with - tp-Link AXE5400, Just CPU is AMD 5800x3D.

SAME symptoms - v60, no issues with AirLink at all, no matter the codec , or bitrates, as soon as v62 - hit the headset, constant decoder jitters / lags, like every 15 - 20 seconds. Happens more when I am in the new area of the game.

Currently set at 300Mbps with H.264. Fixed bitrate. 

VD has way better results , so currently using that.  Sucks since, I loved AirLink for almost imperceivable latency in Beat Saber...

Just in case, I am had recorded the exact behavior of the encoder when I am seeing the issue.

Look at the lag spikes every 5-10 seconds. Frames stay rock solid.

Never had this happen on v60... maybe once a level of beat saber... now its hard to play.

TheLegend27
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey everyone! This air link micro-stuttering issue is actually one that was flagged by our internal team so I just wanted to drop by to let everyone know this is an issue the team is aware of and looking into. Looks like everyone here is familiar with the main thread, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this one to keep all reports under one umbrella for the team. I recommend subscribing to the main thread to stay informed on any updates that are posted. Looks like @TheAntiSocializer just posted an update there now, so I encourage you all to go take a look to help us get more information on the issue! Thanks for your patience!

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?