cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Population: One not available in Oculus Store

Nephroid
Explorer

I am trying to install Pop:One in my son’s headset but for some reason the app does not show up in the Oculus Store. 

What’s strange is that if I log onto his headset I am able to download and install the game just fine.  Does anyone know why this happens?  Is there a parental control setting somewhere that’s driving this?

We have our own headsets and would to be able to play together.

58 REPLIES 58

I’m having the same issue went to buy it today and it’s no longer on the store in my quest or on my phone only place I can find it is the website and it doesn’t work to buy it off the website.

TheRealFakeChow
Honored Guest

I’m going to try to buy it off my pc and see if I have any luck there but if I manage to buy it I’m worried I’m not going to be able to find it on any other device to install it 

Thank you for letting us know that didn't work, but don't worry, there are a few other things we'd like to try.

Could you please check the following:

• Try on a different device or in incognito
  • Check parental controls for any blocks or limitations by doing the following:

1.Open the Oculus mobile app

2.Tap (three line menu) More

3.Tap Parental Supervision

4.Tap the (settings cog icon) to access your parental supervision settings. 

If the steps above don't work and you are still having trouble, please PM us here for further assistance. . Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.  We look forward to resolving this issue and getting you back into VR gaming!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

usrnameplayer1
Honored Guest

I can't find the game in either the store or the headset store? When I searched the internet I found the like to purchase but when I log into my account to make the purchase the game doesn't show up when searched? 

I'm having the same issue

JohnLiuHK
Honored Guest

Hi, I am getting a quest 2 tmr so I am looking up this game in the app. But I also cannot find the game. When I go to the website, I can add to my wishlist (it won't show up in my wishlist) and also no option for me to purchase it. So I really want to know what's going on and how can I play this game on my quest 2?

Dear Oculus support!

I have the same problem. I get an email that my friend sent me the POPULATION:ONE as a gift. I have Quest2 and i accepted the gift. However i can see the game only in rift store but not in quest store. Please inform me how can i install the game to my headset.

Thank you!

Hey, vrNati! Thank you for reaching out. We completely see how this could raise some concerns. No worries, we're happy to help you out and see why you're unable to see Population One for the correct platform. 

We need to verify a few account details, so we like to invite you to privately message us. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello there, Nati. We're just getting back to you about Population: One. We would like to resolve this matter as soon as possible for you. We investigated this matter thoroughly and would like to know if you are using a Quest 1. If this is the case, Quest 1 users will be unable to play Population: One because the game is not compatible with the Quest 1. More information can be found here.

If you are using a Quest 2, you must be on the correct platform to play the game. Your friend can request a refund and then repurchase the game on the Quest 2, allowing you to play this awesome game you've been looking forward to. If you have any further questions, please let us know so that we can resolve them.

Dear,

Yes, i use Quest2. 😊

You advised me that my friend schould refund the game and repurchase in quest store. How do you think this? I wrote you earlier that in quest store he can not buy for a gift. There is no option for it.

If you see that i got it into my rift store... maybe you can put it into my quest store... can you? Or how can you help me? Maybe you schould make this game available for purchase as a gift in quest store. Can you check it? Do you know about it... that it is not available? Can you make it?

Thanks, Nati

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?