cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power issue

bigOLmac
Honored Guest

My oculus keeps turning off. It turns on for a min then off. When it tries to reboot it gets stuck with Meta symbol spinning then stops and turns off. I did two factory resets still same issue. Battery says fully charged when on dock and meta app says battery fully charged. Issue started when son dropped headset on ground. Any advice is appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @bigOLmac! We certainly don't want these display problems to continue affecting how you're able to enjoy the virtual world, so we'd love to assist further! For clarification, please let us know, what color is the LED light on your headset when it is on charge? When factory resetting the headset, were you able to pull up that boot menu at all? Keep us updated and we can move forward from there! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

The LED color is green when the headset is plugged in charging.  
Yes, when I did the factory reset, it gave me the options to factory reset and boot menu.  
I did both the factory reset and then when that didn't work, I did the boot option but also didn't work.
When it turns on the META log is spinning but then stops spinning and sits there frozen and then shuts down.  

The LED color is green when the headset is plugged in charging.  
Yes, when I did the factory reset, it gave me the options to factory reset and boot menu.  
I did both the factory reset and then when that didn't work, I did the boot option but also didn't work.
When it turns on the META log is spinning but then stops spinning and sits there frozen and then shuts down. 

Hi again @bigOLmac! We'd love to look further into this for you. We'd like for you to send us a private message since we will possibly need to gather personal information. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi @bigOLmac! We're just following up to see if you were able to send us a PM. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us!

I just now sent a PM.  

Hey @bigOLmac! Got it! We will be with you shortly!