cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pretending to be parents

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do know if im posting in the right place but here goes 

My son n 17 has vrchat oculus quest 2. I found chat between him and two other users. Where the other users pretend to be his parents. My son doesn't st act younger than his age in the chat between them. 

Stuff said is like the mother calls him her little fox, my s9n calls them mum and dad. Theres no sexual chat that i can see. 

I find it disturbing and don't know how to approach my son

Help please 

7 REPLIES 7

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Maybe start calling him 'My little Fox' and go from there, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

PITTCANNA
Visionary

shut off the wifi untill he is 18.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What a nasty person 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PITTCANNA wrote:

shut off the wifi untill he is 18.

Not helpful

@Anonymous  Sorry mate, just my poor attempt at a little humour, lol!  As a parent it's up to you to control your son's social media usage, not Meta's imho.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

vr chat is a notorious cesspool, if your worried about the subject matter talk to your son and ask him never to go on vr chat.  other than that just be in the same room and give him his headset when you can watch him play.

shutting off the wifi is the most helpful if you don't want to actually be in the same room as him.

You are the person who knows your son best. Any advice from random strangers on the internet is bound to be risky. The actual question is why you don't feel you can approach him.