cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary accounts can not cast to Chromecast devices?

mbze430
Rising Star

So I have BOTH a Quest 2 and Quest 3.  I can Cast to other Chromecast devices with the Quest 2 but not so with the Quest 3.  Why is that?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe
282 REPLIES 282

so in the mean time, we just have to use secondary accounts until meta figures this out?

Hey there @ewenement22! We just wanted to say thank you for waiting for the update! If you could let us know what Version your headset is on right now, we'd really appreciate that. We're looking forward to your reply!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, here are some other posts concerning this issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/18jy5wd/chromecast_devices_no_longer_showing_up_in_que...

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/18mscvw/quest_3_v60_chromecast_no_longer_supported/

Also my friends who just bought a quest 3 could cast to chromecast until 3-4 days ago and now it's not working anymore, they didn't change any settings at all and tried to reboot everything (Q3, router, chromecast...). Version is 60.0.xxxxx.

Thanks in advance

But you don't have your games and meta+ sub with secondary account no? That's kind of a bad workaround or I'm not understanding "secondary account" correctly? Thanks in advance

Hey there @ewenement22! Thank you for letting us know that! If you could check for the V60 update on your headset, we'd really appreciate that. When you find it, please update your headset and let us know if Chromecast starts working again for you. We're looking forward to your reply!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

it says no updates available. V60? Vhat it is? I have oculus 3

Hey again, @ewenement22! Thank you so much for letting us know that. We'd love to get you in our PM's, so that we can grab some info from you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click Here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We're looking forward to your PM!

I writed pm

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?