cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary accounts can not cast to Chromecast devices?

mbze430
Rising Star

So I have BOTH a Quest 2 and Quest 3.  I can Cast to other Chromecast devices with the Quest 2 but not so with the Quest 3.  Why is that?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe
282 REPLIES 282

Hey @ewenement22! We just wanted to assure you that we've received your Pm and will be with you ASAP.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Oh wow, I'm sort of glad I'm not the only one having this issue, I thought my headset was broken. 

me too have this problem

Okay. I just performed a factory reset, and it fixed it! Now I have to download all my apps again.... I think I was more inclined to do so because my secondary account worked flawlessly with MS FS2020 on PCVR while my primary account didn't. (I'm using steamlink, but my primary I used Virtual Desktop at first, which didn't work very well, but with a little messing around I got it to work. Then steam link came around and worked the first time, second time I had to mess around to get it to work properly. So definitely something happened to my primary account...)

mbze430
Rising Star

I haven't done a factory reset, but I am willing to do.  However, how long will this last before we lose the ability again and then have to do a factory reset again?

They, Meta, needs to find the bug and squash it.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe

ewenement22
Explorer

many users have the same problem, so please make it an urgent matter for the engineers, when can you expect a response from them, is it a matter of hours, days, weeks or months?

Hello there, @VIX133, and thank you so much for reaching out to the community with this issue! We know how popular being able to cast to other devices is, and being unable to do so is not an experience we would want anyone to have, so rest assured we're here to assist! We have some questions about what you're seeing:

Is this happening only with any devices you try to cast to now, or is it just not seeing the TV being available anymore? If you have not tried, let us know if you're able.

Did the issue seem related to any application you were trying to cast with, or with several? 

Is the TV on and awake when you're trying, or does it "wake up" when you connect? We have seen some TVs "sleeping" on their network connection and vanish from network visibility until they "wake up" in the past.

Are all the devices connecting to same network all the time? If you have a dual-band network, try connecting them all on the 5ghz band only and see if that has any affect on the symptoms.

Let us know the affects, if any, on your symptoms when trying the above, and any other details that you might want to add, the more details the better! Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Nout-Inc
Explorer

I have the same thing, an it was working great until latest update on Quest 3, 128GB version.

Please fix this, cause not all of us has a screen mirror TV, im on google TV with builtin Chromecast.

Worked so fine before latest update, so they have to software engineers have to look up the error an fix it please.

The way of casting to phone, an then mirror cast to tv will not work for user on google tv with builtin chromecast´s cause they dont support iphone mirror screening.

Have a nice christmas every one 🙂

In a pinch, you can just create a secondary sub account. This only happened to my primary account. But I got everything working again by doing a factory reset on my MQ3. (Hold power and vol down for about 30 seconds or more - it’ll feel awkward since regular power off only takes like 5sec). Factory reset and boom, chromecast is back!

Well dont Think it Will work an works all times.  Its the same issue for my brother an he just Got yes headset today 🙀

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?